Key programming.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CLSMark

Banned
Car
Volkswagen Touareg
I only have one key, and I see genuine replacements on fleabay at a reasonable price.

Can this be done at home?
Or do I need star?
Or worse, main dealer?

Can anybody on here do it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How much [emoji85][emoji15]

Hope to hell I don't lose it now.

Much cheaper than MB and they come to you. Once done a re-order is even cheaper and they can post it out.

Much cheaper than MB and they come to you. Once done a re-order is even cheaper and they can post it out.

Yep and then they've got your home address and a copy of your key. Stick to main dealer as they'll delete any lost keys from the car too.

How much [emoji85][emoji15]

Hope to hell I don't lose it now.

A replacement key from MB is the wrong side of £300..

Cheers,

Gaz

Yep and then they've got your home address and a copy of your key. Stick to main dealer as they'll delete any lost keys from the car too.

I take your point but RMK are a reputable company and sponsors on the 'other side'.

Not seen any bad reviews from members who have used them.

A replacement key from MB is the wrong side of £300..

Cheers,

Gaz

Last I heard, a chrome key from the stealers was £235

RMK can supply the same key for £180.

@Benzmac....... I think its a bit naughty to imply RMK would do anything illegal knowing your address and having the info on your new key.
I'm sure RMK can cancel any lost/missing keys too.

rmk

i contacted RMK several months ago and asked them to come to me in herefordshire to make a key,there reply was that they had nothing else this way and would contact me later,its prob been 5months and still nothing,so i will prob give my money to the dealer now

Last I heard, a chrome key from the stealers was £235

RMK can supply the same key for £180.

@Benzmac....... I think its a bit naughty to imply RMK would do anything illegal knowing your address and having the info on your new key.
I'm sure RMK can cancel any lost/missing keys too.

It's not naughty it's an opinion. For the sake of £50 which is not even a night out i'll stick with the dealer. Security is one area i will not scrimp on

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom