Key recoding

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rockinfreakshow

Car
c200 Elegance (w202)
I only have 1 Transponder key for my 98 W202 and im a nervous wreck about loosing it as iv got previous for this. my question is, If i buy a used key off EbAY and have a blade cut for it, could the transponder key be RECODED to my car? if so, by whom and how much should i expect to pay for this service?
Save my sanity, Please help:dk:

My understanding is that you cannot recode a key. The only source for replacement keys is Mercedes themselves and you will need to show them your passport and registration document and hand over quite a lot of money.

Whilst I have not lost or dameged keys, nothing says that I will no do so in the future. I am very grateful for this web site quick link.

There's loads of stuff on here and MBOA (mercedesclub.org.uk) about replacement keys, recoding, repairing etc, it's one of the most common questions especially from new members!

Whilst I have not lost or dameged keys, nothing says that I will no do so in the future. I am very grateful for this web site quick link.

lol no worries... they will probably get some business off me soon, as my wife's 210 is down to 1 key (as long as the price is right) :thumb:

Anyone got any ideas on how much this guys charging? Anyone used him before?

I have used the guy in the link above and have had no issues... I will be using him regularly!

Couldn't see any prices on the site ?

How much are you paying for a replacement key Jay ?

I think he charges the public 150 and there is discount if you can provide your own key.

Same as the guy in Derby who charges approx £120 trade depending on key but with the hassle it just as cheap from here to order a new one from the dealer at trade.

Just ordered a replacement for my lost spare, £227 inc vat from the main dealer. Hav'nt received it yet but was told i'll get a new style chrome key...

I quite like the look of one of the new style chrome keys. :)

They seem to be quite popular and are currently selling for around the £50 mark on ebay so there must be some way of reprogramming them to work for your car...would love to know how it's done though :dk:

Bear in mind that your old metal emergency key will not fit in the new chrome versions.

I only have 1 Transponder key for my 98 W202 and im a nervous wreck about loosing it as iv got previous for this. my question is, If i buy a used key off EbAY and have a blade cut for it, could the transponder key be RECODED to my car? if so, by whom and how much should i expect to pay for this service?
Save my sanity, Please help:dk:
yes, the transponder key could be recoded to your car. you can use the benz key programmer, you can buy form the uobd2.com,I know they supply this. If you don't know how to copy one, you need to call help for the locksmith....:rock:

Hi guys I have lost my main DAS key and at the moment I am using the emergency one no central locking, what I would like to know if I do get a key from Ebay is it easy to get recoded or should I just go down to my local breakers and get a replacement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom