Key replace

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Druk

Gone but not forgotten - RIP
Car
2011 S212 E350CDi. 1981 R107 300TurboDiesel.
Can someone kindly direct me at the thread where the old black key innards are retro-fitted to new style chrome covers.
Done a search and cftlom find anything.

Ta.

You can buy the new chrome type key for upgrading but you have to use your old eeprom and re-solder it onto the new type fob circuit board.

Physically you cannot fit the normal black type 3 button pcb into the chrome type fob.

The 30 pin NEC chip is transferable on Gen 2/3
not Gen1 or the later 2010 type.

Last edited:
You can buy the new chrome type key for upgrading but you have to use your old eeprom and re-solder it onto the new type fob circuit board.

Physically you cannot fit the normal black type 3 button pcb into the chrome type fob.

The 30 pin NEC chip is transferable on Gen 2/3
not Gen1 or the later 2010 type.

OK. I had it in my mind that someone on here was transferring the internals from the black key into a chrome one. But there was only one specific chrome one that suited and there was a pic on the thread showing it. Maybe he does that which you describe however it wasn't an expensive process.

OK. I had it in my mind that someone on here was transferring the internals from the black key into a chrome one. But there was only one specific chrome one that suited and there was a pic on the thread showing it. Maybe he does that which you describe however it wasn't an expensive process.

AFAIK

Its impossible to transfer the insides from Gen2 to Gen3 they are physically different........but I already said that :)

Expensive ?

Cost of chrome key with pcb internals not just an empty casing.

De/Re-solder 30 pin eeprom.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom