key reprogramming

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Black c320

Car
06 E280 CDI w211 Estate
I have just bought a 211 E280 cdi estate, and only one key,However the dealer had a spare identical 2 button key, can the extra key be reprogrammed to work with my car preferably not at the dealer.

Nice buy.

Not as far as I know; it has to be MB, but would be very interested if that's not the case.

I noticed yesterday that Timpsons had a poster in the window saying they could do transponder keys now.
No idea what they can do though.
Not much information here, but it suggests they do something ...
Services. Key Cutting by Timpson

Would be nice to hear what they say, if you don't mind.

Autologic softaware can code the key - find a garge that has Autologic Diagnostic equipment for MBs.

With his service he requests that keys are either sent to him via post or he comes out to you (he is slightly cheaper than the Stealers but not by alot - I personally would not want someone who has the potentail to "clone" my key coming out to me or knows where I live or providee them with any postal address where my vhciles are kept.

I know soemone who has Autologic software and can code keys at a reasonable price and is a offical Autologic Dealer/Garge.

id personally go to the dealer at least it should be covered by the 2 year parts guarentee

id personally go to the dealer at least it should be covered by the 2 year parts guarentee

PLUS ALL the proof of ID documents you need to present before hand....:) - Which i think is a good thing.

Worrying thing is that it is now very eesy to "clone" keys to MBs on the condition you have access to the vehicle PLUS blank key/responder.

As i understand it, a MB key that has already been coded to a vehicle cannot be re-coded for a different MB vehicle.

Last edited:
replacing the prom with an empty on a used?i can do smd

There are some legitimate reasons for wanting to re-code a key.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom