Keyboard shelf help / ideas required

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LTD

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Polo GTi (and a travel pass for the train and subway)
Not like me to come up with a weird request to get us all thinking now that we are back to work after the festivities !!!

I am wall mounting my 27" iMac in my 'man-cave' but I am not having a desk below it. It's fitted using a standard VESA mount and the Apple VESA adapter.

I will have a bar stool to sit on when needed but need a solution for my mouse and keyboard - both wireless.

The simple solution would be to fit a shelf to the wall below the computer that will accommodate both but I am wondering if there is a more elegant solution that I have not found yet ..... like a floating shelf that fits onto the iMac that can be folded out of sight when not in use ?

I don't really want to use a tea tray and sit the keyboard on my lap. Where would I put the beer ?

Got them elsewhere in the house - hoping for something a wee bit different.

Thanks for your idea though - it's on the shortlist !!!

Thanks V12

Both are a bit 'industrial' for my liking.

You are definitely thinking along my mental picture though !!!

@ developer - LOL 'a shelf help group' !!!!

I can actually see me replacing the mouse with a trackpad, fitting a LACK shelf (black/brown though) to store the keyboard/trackpad and getting a fitting to joint the two together and sitting it on my knee.

Currently sitting on a chair with the keyboard balanced on my thigh and using my denim as a mousemat - and it all works OK :D

The beer can sit on the LACK shelf :)

You can join the trackpad to the keyboard with this gadget

Twelve South MagicWand For Apple Magic Trackpad | eBay

It's not cheap, (but what mac accessory is) but it's neat and nicely made. I love mine!

That very solution is what I decided upon around 1am this morning whilst realising that typing with a keyboard on your lap isn't too bad after all.

The trackpad answers the mousemat problem and the 'magic wand' ties the whole lot together nicely.

Thanks for all the suggestions and helping me focus my mind into my decision

:thumb:

Not the floating shelf you asked for, but how about this in gloss white?

LACK Wall shelf - birch effect - IKEA

had these shelves before, and had some reasonably heasy stuff on them. they tended to tilt down after a while (metal bracket bends) so not sure how it would hold up to keyboard and arms resting on it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom