Keyed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clk320x

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Tesla Model S, Model X & Mercedes W212 /// Previous: Jaguar XFR, Mercedes E320 CDI, C32 AMG, CLK 320
Discovered these scratches on my car.

The position on the car means it could not possibly have been hit by another car

I'm thinking it must have been keyed? Fuming :mad:

Any way to get these out?

IMG_0522.jpg

Thanks

That should polish out and would be my first place to go.

A bit of T-Cut or some light Scratch Remover polish on a Micro-Fibre Towel and go easy, not too much pressure until you can see what you are doing. You do not want to go through the lacquer. So a gentle polish, then clean off, then repeat as required. Then wax it.

FYI: Wilko sell their own brand Scratch Remover and it's about £3.00 and works well on these types of scratches.

I don't think you've been "keyed" at all there mate..the scratches are to light.. its more like a bird or a squirrel or cat even basking in the sun.. when I got mine and its in Diamond Black it had no scratches on the front wing at all.. now I have a handful of light scratches at the top of the wing.. and I found the culprit - IT WAS A SQUIRREL! It ran along the fence and down on to the car but because the car was super polished it couldn't control itself and scooted off on to the hard concrete with a thump.. funny to watch but not so good for the car paint though.. so I've got some severe detailing to do... Grrrr! :devil:

I don't think you've been "keyed" at all there mate..the scratches are to light.. its more like a bird or a squirrel or cat even basking in the sun.. when I got mine and its in Diamond Black it had no scratches on the front wing at all.. now I have a handful of light scratches at the top of the wing.. and I found the culprit - IT WAS A SQUIRREL! It ran along the fence and down on to the car but because the car was super polished it couldn't control itself and scooted off on to the hard concrete with a thump.. funny to watch but not so good for the car paint though.. so I've got some severe detailing to do... Grrrr! :devil:

Oh yeh, completely forgot about wild animals. FFS looks like a bugger to fix this.cheers

Hi clk320x yeah likes been said don't think that key damage, most likely course like been said animals or a bag placed on the car or even someone leaning against it maybe.
Think if it was done intentionally then it would probably be a lot worse and a bigger area.
Hope you can T-Cut it out OK Pal

I had very similar marks on my wife's car. Caught a cat on the bonnet one night. The majority did polish out with T-Cut but the was one a bit deeper that's still just visible. I feel your pain!

Found some tcut in the shed red bottle called 'colour restorer' will that do the job?
Also got Autoglym SRP and some other polish think it's Tesco brand haha

Any of these will do?

Right then:

Go to halfords, buy a small bottle of Ferecla G3 (Maybe G10 as its a metallic) then clean the car (area) removing any dirt. You could and its optional clay bar the area then sparingly apply the G3 to the area working in a circular motion left to right / up and down over the affected area.. keep doing so until you can't see the marks..buff off. Then apply SRP in the same manner again and buff off. The Using Autoglym Extra Gloss apply a little to the area sparingly and allow to dry and buff off and your nearly there... a little Carnuba wax to finish and aye voilà! Job Done - step back (fall down a man hole cover..) give yourself a pat on the back and admire Finitto!!

Right then:

Go to halfords, buy a small bottle of Ferecla G3 (Maybe G10 as its a metallic) then clean the car (area) removing any dirt. You could and its optional clay bar the area then sparingly apply the G3 to the area working in a circular motion left to right / up and down over the affected area.. keep doing so until you can't see the marks..buff off. Then apply SRP in the same manner again and buff off. The Using Autoglym Extra Gloss apply a little to the area sparingly and allow to dry and buff off and your nearly there... a little Carnuba wax to finish and aye voilà! Job Done - step back (fall down a man hole cover..) give yourself a pat on the back and admire Finitto!!

Won't Tcut Colour Restorer (red bottle) or Wilko do the job?

You could try it.. I think the Red T Cut bottle is for solid colours though and not metallic..as for the Wilko stuff.. I'll pretend you didn't say that..

You're not a Scot living in London are you? What's wrong with following the above it won't cost much probably around £7 then the rest is your labour time and a better result..

Any joy?

Sent from my Apple product using Crapatalk

On way home ATM, heard some horrid things about T-cut, is it just a bit on a cloth and circular motions?

Cheers

Pretty much. I don't like it personally. But give it a go

Gentle even pressure and only use a small amount of T-Cut at a time mate, should soon see an improvement.
Also if you are working on or near any creases in body panels then be really really careful not to thin or burn the lacquered top coat.
If your doing it by hand though you should be OK, good luck mate;)
If all fails try a decent detailer they should have it looking like new, but at a cost, always a downside:p
Cheers
Ben :thumb:

To me that looks like a jacket zip/buttons on rear of jeans sort of scratch

That or someone's been having fun rear ending some bird over the bonnet who happens to be wearing a dangly necklace :D

Pretty much. I don't like it personally. But give it a go

Alright ive been put me off t-cut :) lol it says not more metallic.

Does SRP not have any abrasive properties?

Will have a look at the stuff Wu56 mentioned

Pity you're not "Oop Narf" could have sorted it for you whilst you get the Kettle & Jaffas..

Here ya go..

Compounds, Glazes & Waxes | farecla

Hey mate

Do you prefer the G3 paste or liquid?

Halfords have 150ml tube of paste for £8 or 500ml bottle of liquid for £10.

P.S is it ok to apply it with a microfibre? Or do I need to buy the special applicator 'waffle' pads. £6 for 2 at Halfords
g3whitepad.jpg

Cheers bro

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom