Keyed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tan

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
W140 S-Class, Porsche Cayenne and Porsche Boxster
My car has been the victim of a keying, the idiot has scratched the whole length of the car.

Now, I am having some other bodywork done soon (because of rust), but what can i do with the scartch to prevent long term damage in the future.... i.e the dreaded rust

Tan

Sorry to hear the bad news mate... :mad:

I would apply lacquer to prevent rust as a short term measure at least. Only consulation is that the entire scratched side wil get resprayed which will give you a nice match if going down the insurance route from the claim?

Which other spots of the car are suffering from rust?

Oh no.. Was it near home or work? any cameras around? Cant the rust be treated well before painting?

Hi

The rust is on both front wings, the claim has been submitted.

I think it happened whilst I was in Ikea yesterday.

Don't want to go the insurance route as i will loose my no claims bonus.

very sorry to hear this.

if it's the whole length of the car, then there is less of problem with colour matching.

You could always put a Starsky & Hutch stripe on the car.. sorry they aint funny:) :( . Like c240 says the colour match will not be so bad as its down one side, only you will know it though. Who are you going to get the work done by? Get a good sprayer.

Sorry Tan:( Have you told Steve he knows a man;)

hi Tan, sorry to hear about the scratch, I had a similar incident a few years back, in hte end i touched it up best i could with primer and color coat, and put a layer of laquer, didnt bother getting it repaired for almost a year, then when i did have it done i had the wing indicators blanked and the stone chips on the bumper removed at the same time!

Sorry to hear that mate:( But why do people do this? I dont get it!! my parents had there car keyed, even did somthing to the windscreen with a glass cutter or something had to have a new screen fitted:mad:

Sorry to hear this Tan. Its just not called for. Bet you wouldn't mind getting your hands on those twats, I know I would:devil:

If you are going down the insurance route than it would be feasible to spray the whole car. I know it sounds drastic, but if you are going to do the whole of one side, plus the wing on the other side, than might as well get the bonnet and boot done too. Atleast that way, the paint will match all around.

Thats my 2p's worth atleast.

Last edited:
To get the Insurance company to cover the full cost of a respray the other side would need to be keyed plus boot/bonnet...:devil:

Only downside is that resprays require alot of stripping of trim/fixtures/componets/door cards etc. :mad:

Really sorry for you Tan. This type of mindless vandalism is soul destroying.

Some people have too much time on their hands and are just jealous, sick and twisted individuals. :mad:

If there is one feature that is missing on the new S Class (some say it has all the gadgets) it's factory fit CCTV linked to a black box recorder.

A. to record mindless acts of vandalism

but maybe also to...
B. to record idiot drivers and reckless lane changes for example
C. to indicate (when the car is parked), when a traffic warden is coming via a remote device as you sit in a cafe :D
D. to act as kerb cam, never curb another alloy again
E. to give lady drivers more confidence at night
G. allow you to remotely pilot the car ala 007 style via an Ericsson phone :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom