Keyless car theft, is this how it's done

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Assume this only works with cars with comfort access, those where you don't need to press the unlock button??

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers

Same MO as seen on other videos. Large flat "breadboard" antenna with hand hole attached to a computer and 433Hz transceiver (these transceivers cost less than £1 each direct from China). Similar unit at the other end without the need of a big antenna. Connected via WiFi bridge or Radio walkie-talkies that can send small amounts of data efficiently (also useful for the scrotes to talk to each other when ferreting around). Apologies to real ferrets!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* 2017 W222 S350d SWB AMG Line Premium Plus
* Ashford, Kent & Mons, Belgium
Sent from my Moto G using Tapatalk

I have taken to switching off my remote when not in use, it only takes a double tap of the lock button. That should help and saves the battery too.

Once again - thankful for having the peace of mind of my Autowatch Ghost!!!!

I have taken to switching off my remote when not in use, it only takes a double tap of the lock button. That should help and saves the battery too.
I used to do that too, but after nearly two weeks of it, the car developed a fault that MB Aachen could not fix without replacing Keyless-Go hardware. Maybe not related to the key usage at all, but decided to stick with the pouches and have had no recurrence of the issue.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* 2017 W222 S350d SWB AMG Line Premium Plus
* Ashford, Kent & Mons, Belgium
Sent from my Moto G using Tapatalk

This is one of the reasons I've ordered our new car without keyless go.

It's not something I've ever had so don't miss it and even if the media coverage of these thefts is even slightly scaremongery, why take the risk?

I'm not a huge fan of driver aids either. Our SL has speed sign notification (not sure what the official name is) that flashes up on the dashboard each time there's a change in speed limit. It is very distracting so I turn it off.

However, the small speed sign that appears in the corner of the COMAND screen is useful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom