KEYLESS Central Locking

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jasohal

Car
S320 E500 E55
Hi there,

New to the KEYLESS Locking/Starting system.

Can someone clarify how the car actually locks once you leave.

Reading the manual suggests you need to be within 1m of door and depress the small black button on the handle while card is on you.

This does not result in the car locking ??

However if I go around to the back of the car and do the same with the boot's button the whole car locks instantly ?

Once locked I can open any door / bott as long as I have the card with me .

Car is a CL500 W215 model.

I have the same car. (W-2000)

Pressing the black button on the door handle while you have the card should lock the doors - sounds like the button is faulty. (Assuming that if the sensor to detect the card was faulty the car wouldn't open it when you touch the handle).

Does the button on the passengers side work?

(Never tried locking the car via the boot button)

Both door buttons behave in the same way ?

The sensors must work as when the car is locked I can still open it by pulling the handle whilst the card is in my pocket.

However only the boot button works in the way way you have suggested and what I though was the correct operation.

Hmmm, spoke to stealers yesterday and theysaid the usual " you're gonna have to book it in mate so that we can run some checks on it ".

maybe something needs to be reset ??

will try doing some more research before going to the stealers..

Thanks for you confirmation..

on the 500sl u can reset the keyless fauction by pressing both the lock and unlock buttons on the key fob for 6 seconds a light then flashes on the fob and the locking function resets

Will try that that today - thanks.

Have replaced batteries in the card too - lets hope this fixes the problem...

Hi, this is off topic but I would like to ask other CL owners (W215) a quickie question.

I have a W(2000) CL500 with COMAND 2.5. I can't find the damn AUX inputs everyones going on about..... they're not in my glovebox. I would like to connect my MP3 player.

Have you got the AUX inputs? Where are they?

Thanks in advance,

Paul.

jasohal - have heard stories about cards/keys losing their 'memory' if batteries are removed for more than xx seconds. If you are going to change the batteries better be quick (dont forget that they will need less power to ensure that the memory is retained than they will to operate the unlock). This may be complet rubbish of course!

Peejay - sorry chap, can't help. My CL is still in the flippin garage so I can't even go on a hunt for you. I always thought the aux inputs were at the back of the actual unit though (i.e. a dash dismantle job required)

Mine has the AUX socket in the left hand side of the glove box, a 2.5mm stereo jack socket. (facelift widescreen COMAND system)

I also had a 2000/X CL500 but cant remember if that had an AUX socket or not, my CLK COMAND 2.0 did, so can't see why COMAND 2.5 shouldn't.

Hope this helps,

Matt.

jasohal said:
Hi there,

New to the KEYLESS Locking/Starting system.

Can someone clarify how the car actually locks once you leave.

Reading the manual suggests you need to be within 1m of door and depress the small black button on the handle while card is on you.

This does not result in the car locking ??

However if I go around to the back of the car and do the same with the boot's button the whole car locks instantly ?

Once locked I can open any door / bott as long as I have the card with me .

Car is a CL500 W215 model.

Maybe a silly question, but you dont have the other keyless go key/card in the car/glovebox, as this will stop the door buttons from working/locking.

Otherwise it should work as you describe, I always press my door button with one finger, not touching the metal part of the door handle, just incase it decides to open again.

Hope this helps,

Matt.

I know this is a VERY old thread, but I'm experiencing the exact same problem! did anyone ever find out the solution to the locking issue? My Keyless Go card allows me to unlock the car, but cannot lock the car from both the passenger and driver side buttons but can lock using the boot.

Would love to know how you got on in the dealer in the end Jasohal!

I suspect that it is a faulty button on the door handle, I have Keyless on my E500 and the drivers door button sometimes works and other times it does not. All the other door, boot included work fine.

CL500 keyless go door handle

Had the handle changed once - now its gone again. Possibly the wiring (he had to extend it, wrong handle type) and I would like to check it first. I've seen a post that refers to a 'how to' remove door panel. Any links?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom