Keyless Entry and Start now possible

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Seanalf

Car
C200 CDI Sport 4dr
Ladies and gents. I'm currently in discussions with a company that can supply and fit an aftermarket keyless system, and it's very affordable! It will give you:
1) Two new keys
2) Remote locking as you walk away without the need to press a button
3) Unlocks as you approach the door
4) The ability to start your engine remotely WITHOUT unlocking the door from a distance.
5) They replace your ignition slot with a button

I've seen this working and it looks the mutts nuts. I've mentioned that if we get enough interest, would he offer a club discount and he has agreed :banana:😀

If you are interested and would like to join the list, please comment or message me, we need at least 5 confirmed appointments to get the discount, it will take it down from £650 to only £600 including fitting, which is a bargain I think.

I'm just getting a few more details to see if there are any restrictions with models etc, should have that by tomorrow. In the meantime, if you fancy it, get in touch!

I wonder what your insurance company will think of this modification ..

I wonder what your insurance company will think of this modification ..
Shouldn't affect as your not changing the alarm or immobiliser.

Give them a call and ask. Where I used to work, it didn't, but that was 4yrs ago

Are we going to see a lot of car theft reports on the forum, just after a third party keyless retrofit?

Why not post more info about the shop behind the offer? We need to be sure it is a trustworthy supplier.

Shouldn't affect as your not changing the alarm or immobiliser.

Give them a call and ask. Where I used to work, it didn't, but that was 4yrs ago
But you are changing the manufacturer's security access and system. You are modifying the car from that delivered from the factory, all of which tends to make insurers twitchy these days.
Will this modification have Thatcham approval?
Leaving the engine running whilst unattended on a public highway is illegal and just leaving it idling on the driveway is potentially a offence.
Bad idea all round IMHO

Hi , well it cannot be any worse ( hopefully ) than my Mercedes keyless entry and keyless go.

Utter rubbish !!

Keyless entry works 50% of the time / go I have no idea as I like a key in the ignition

Hi , well it cannot be any worse ( hopefully ) than my Mercedes keyless entry and keyless go.

Utter rubbish !!

Keyless entry works 50% of the time / go I have no idea as I like a key in the ignition
Must say you are having bad luck with your merc☹️

I wonder how it bypasses the factory immobiliser, I thought you would need the original key present to allow it to start ?

Utter rubbish !!

I wonder whether the cause is linked to your Mercedes Me issues?

I’m not sure from your post, is it keyless entry or keyless go (or both) which works only 50% of the time?

Does keyless entry work more consistently if you attempt to unlock using a different door, eg passenger door?

I once found that if car is locked with the key, then the next time it wouldn’t let me unlock with the keyless function, had to unlock via the key.

Not 100% sure if it was a glitch, or that’s how the keyless entry is set up.

Just a thought, on many versions of keyless go, a double push on the lock button (on the key) disables keyless entry - could thy explain it @Boyband ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom