Keyless entry & stop/start

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jukie

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
MY11 E350 CDi Avantgarde
To those to have/had it, is it

a) useful?
b) a gimmick?
c) problematic?

TIA.

Great as I have no keys anymore and the card fits in my wallet, but mine is the original system, the latest system the keyless feature is built into the key fob so you still have the key in your pocket. The advantage of the fob is it contains the metal emergency key part.

It's great - you don't appreciate it until you've had it for a while.

Walk up to the car -open the door, get in.

Press the button, drive away.

Get out of the car, shut the door, press the door button - locked.

Much easier than fumbling through pockets, especially when you're carrying stuff.

Sure, some will say it's only the press of a key fob and the insertion of a key, and they are right, but when you've had it, you'll appreciate it.

ps - buttons marked start/stop are cool :cool:.

I'm not a fan. When they go wrong (and they do) they are expensive to fix. Using a normal key is not exactly a hardship!

Love it, put your keys in your pocket and forget about them (to an extent!)

The handles are the main thing that seem to go wrong with water ingress, but other than that its a good system.

the other annoying thing is that every other non keyless car you drive will bug you ! lol

I don't have it on my mercedes but have had it on several other makes and I love it, always a pain to go back to a car that you have to use the key. If I'm looking for a new car it's always high up on my wish list. I would recommend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom