Keyless entry theft from driveway W205 stolen in South Bucks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Yusufr

Car
C-class coupe w205
Hey everyone, I'm new here but wanted share a terrible experience this morning.

My car, W205 C class coupe 2016 was sadly stolen from my driveway at 5:20am this morning in South Bucks, Beaconsfield. The 3 thieves seemed to use relay to steal the car. I thought I'd share some pictures as I've customised the car so it makes it a bit more recognisable. I'm waiting for tracking but please do look out for it and I'd be grateful if you shared this on social.

I also have a CCTV clip which I would like your help on sharing around please.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
The time jumps as the CCTV only recorded movement. You'll see that one of the men has a recognisable limp so hope you can help in finding these guys so they don't get anyone else. These people deserve to be put away 🙏

Screenshot_20220310-160359_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220310-160704_Gallery.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220310-160704_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220310-160704_Gallery.jpg
    629.3 KB · Views: 3
Were the keys in a blocking pouch or box?
One key was, the spare was at least 12 feet from the front of the house. It's really surprising how far the signal can travel. I also always double tap the lock button on the key fob.

So sorry to hear this Yusufr...... The scum that do this really don't care.... Hope you get some news... maybe go for a drive in the surrounding areas and look about as the scum park them up for a bit due to tracking sometimes....

Just shows how easy it is. All my keys are kept in a stainless steel coffee tin, Even tried taking the tin up to the car to see if it opens. It does not. Possibly invest in a retractable post across your drive entrance.
Ghost immobilisers get good reviews. All a bit late now, Hope you get a good resolution

So sorry to hear this Yusufr...... The scum that do this really don't care.... Hope you get some news... maybe go for a drive in the surrounding areas and look about as the scum park them up for a bit due to tracking sometimes....
Yeah I have been checking the local area but my objective is really to get the word out to anyone and everyone. Any C Class coupe with black wheels and yellow calipers isn't common so please do share the pictures as someone out there has seen the car. We can catch these guys or at least make it harder for them.

Just shows how easy it is. All my keys are kept in a stainless steel coffee tin, Even tried taking the tin up to the car to see if it opens. It does not. Possibly invest in a retractable post across your drive entrance.
Ghost immobilisers get good reviews. All a bit late now, Hope you get a good resolution
Great idea about Ghost immobilisers. I also wonder if it will decrease insurance premiums. Car manufacturers should do more to prevent theft and the onus should really be on them. But anyone reading this, do take action. Seems like these incidence are becoming more common.

I feel your pain. We lost our C class coupe in the same way about 18 months ago. Also all caught on our CCTV system. The moment the car unlocks and the lights come on is heartbreaking to watch. We now keep keys in a Faraday box when at home and always use a Disklok on the steering wheel to make things more difficult. Hope you get things sorted.

I keep my keys in a metal tin - although I thought they were meant to go to sleep after a while?

I feel your pain. We lost our C class coupe in the same way about 18 months ago. Also all caught on our CCTV system. The moment the car unlocks and the lights come on is heartbreaking to watch. We now keep keys in a Faraday box when at home and always use a Disklok on the steering wheel to make things more difficult. Hope you get things sorted.
Yeah, I can relate to the pain. Did manage to get the car back?

To be fair having spent that much money on a nice car maybe a little more should have been spent on securing it rather than relying on manufacturer's security efforts. Money was spent on mods rather than security (at least none has been mentioned), in my opinon that's the wrong way round. It's sad that you have to go to lengths to stop scumbags stealing your things it's true, but that's the way it is and relay theft has been going on for ages.

To be fair having spent that much money on a nice car maybe a little more should have been spent on securing it rather than relying on manufacturer's security efforts. Money was spent on mods rather than security (at least none has been mentioned), in my opinon that's the wrong way round. It's sad that you have to go to lengths to stop scumbags stealing your things it's true, but that's the way it is and relay theft has been going on for ages.
Sorry to say, but this post is not really very helpful!

Personally speaking, I've spent zero on mods and zero on additional security. Whereas I do take adequate precautions, I figure that if someone really wants to steal my car then they are going to. Rather than the end of the world, I would view this as a grave inconvenience but this is also the reason we have insurance.

I hope the OP get's some positive news.

OP, it must be sickening to watch your car being taken; I hope you get a good outcome.
Unfortunately I suspect that it will be dismantled into its component parts in fairly short order.

Alarmed heavy gates may well have deterred the scum, but just think to yourself that no harm came to you or your family, so as upsetting as it is another superb slice of Mercedes is around the corner.

Personally speaking, I've spent zero on mods and zero on additional security. Whereas I do take adequate precautions, I figure that if someone really wants to steal my car then they are going to. Rather than the end of the world, I would view this as a grave inconvenience but this is also the reason we have insurance.

I hope the OP get's some positive news.
Agree, locking the car should be adequate security as far as a manufacturer's duty. The cars security isn't fit for purpose in this case. Forced entry should be required by thieves, resulting in the alarm being activated. Regardless, please keep your eyes peeled and reshare. These people will strike again and again.

OP, it must be sickening to watch your car being taken; I hope you get a good outcome.
Unfortunately I suspect that it will be dismantled into its component parts in fairly short order.
Hopefully tracking data comes good very soon 🤞

Alarmed heavy gates may well have deterred the scum, but just think to yourself that no harm came to you or your family, so as upsetting as it is another superb slice of Mercedes is around the corner.
Agree, although they probably would've been more at risk than us 🤐

No, it's not, I was just expressing an opinion. I'm not sure that any post on here could be construed as helpful unless it's "I've seen your car" or something though :)

It just strikes me as mad that people buy expensive things and don't think to spend a small percentage of that cost on security. I agree that if someone wants your car that badly then they'll take it, but why make it easy for them? A £400 Ghost immobiliser would have stopped this theft. £60 on anti snap/bump door locks stops them getting in the house without a lot of noise. Personally I would have said that cost was worth it for the peace of mind.

I do feel sorry for the OP, I wouldn't want to be in such a position and I hope he resolves things one way or another. I wouldn't actually want the car back to be fair.

Guess you don’t have it? Mercedes Me app would be helpful in tracking car

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom