Keyless Go batteries run down quickly?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Donnchadh

Car
CLK350 Cabriolet
I put fresh batteries in both keys a year ago when I bought the car (just a precaution) and all worked fine until about a month ago when things went awry. I get "key still in vehicle" when I am getting into the car and "key not detected" when I try to start it. No warning about the batteries being low. Best one is where I unlock the car, open the door and get a red "door open" warning. I just put fresh batteries in the key that had stopped working altogether (although it would lock and unlock the car) and it's working properly again. Is it usual for the key batteries to drain so quickly? :confused:

Sounds about right. I think mine lasted around 1 year - 18 months or so.

I try to swap the usual & spare keys every couple of months, then replace all the batteries at once.

Ian.

This just happened to me this morning, everytime i press the engine start on the gearstick it flashes "key not detected" AND "key still in vehicle"

i changed the battery on the fob a few weeks ago and all was well

also it's the same message with both key's, car start's with the key in the ignition though

help me please

Last edited:
This just happened to me this morning, everytime i press the engine start on the gearstick it flashes "key not detected" AND "key still in vehicle"

i changed the battery on the fob a few weeks ago and all was well

also it's the same message with both key's, car start's with the key in the ignition though

help me please

Has a handle failed?

Mine gave these messages, despite new batteries, and it was the same time as my drivers door handle failed.

New handle - problem solved :thumb:.

Well i'm not sure because none of the keyless go features are working

BUT the driver's door handle was playing up over the last couple of day's everytime i opened the driver door the red message came up saying door open

How much is a handle?

Cheers

Well i'm not sure because none of the keyless go features are working

BUT the driver's door handle was playing up over the last couple of day's everytime i opened the driver door the red message came up saying door open

How much is a handle?

Cheers

I believe they are £120 each + VATfrom the dealer.

About £150, including VAT, from MB.

Three of mine worked, just not the drivers door.

They are colour coded - ordering using your VIN will ensure you get the right one.

Ah right that's great

Is this a straight forward job?

also the keyless entry wasn't working with teh drivers door before all this happened either but i noticed over the last couple of day's that red message everytime i got in, might have been something to do with the heat perhaps

Thanks very much guy's i'v been in a bad mood all day because of this lol

Last edited:
Ah right that's great

Is this a straight forward job?

also the keyless entry wasn't working with teh drivers door before all this happened either but i noticed over the last couple of day's that red message everytime i got in, might have been something to do with the heat perhaps

Thanks very much guy's i'v been in a bad mood all day because of this lol

I didn't see it done, but the guy at MSL too about 10 minutes.

Thanks very much for your help

i hope it's the handle

Thanks very much for your help

i hope it's the handle

I'm sure it will be - I had all the same messages you had. I suspect the system needs a complete circuit to function and a faulty handle prevents it.

I should add, it's a common keyless problem, and is usually the drivers door.

I'm sure it will be - I had all the same messages you had. I suspect the system needs a complete circuit to function and a faulty handle prevents it.

I should add, it's a common keyless problem, and is usually the drivers door.

Ah right that makes sense, i'll update as and when i get it done

it's going into Mercedes for a service soon so might get them to do it

Cheers:thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom