Keyless Go - C Class -HELP!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GazB

Car
2016 C250 Sport Premium - Polar White
Sorry if this is posted elsewhere but I can't see anything.

Finally took delivery of my C250 saloon and I've only drove it from the road to the car park and absolutely love it.

Having the premium pack I was looking forward to keyless entry/go but I was gutted to find that that the keyless start/stop button wasn't fitted.

Turns out that it's just an insert/convertor that goes into the ignition slot, but I can't find it anywhere in the car. it should have been picked up on pre-delivery inspection.

Anyway, anyone have any idea where this could be hid (i.e. a default place). the lease company is arranging for one to be sent out but I wondered if anyone knows where it could be hidden in the car!

Cheers
Gaz

Sorry if this is posted elsewhere but I can't see anything.

Finally took delivery of my C250 saloon and I've only drove it from the road to the car park and absolutely love it.

Having the premium pack I was looking forward to keyless entry/go but I was gutted to find that that the keyless start/stop button wasn't fitted.

Turns out that it's just an insert/convertor that goes into the ignition slot, but I can't find it anywhere in the car. it should have been picked up on pre-delivery inspection.

Anyway, anyone have any idea where this could be hid (i.e. a default place). the lease company is arranging for one to be sent out but I wondered if anyone knows where it could be hidden in the car!

Cheers
Gaz

Hi Gaz,

I confirm that the start button is just a 'glorified' plastic cap, so it might have fallen off if someone had hit it accidentally. When I got my car last year it was already inserted and I presume that there is no default hiding place (like for the spare key in my previous car, for example).

It is disappointing that something like that had not been spotted by whoever was in charge of the pre-delivery inspection. I would definitely write a complaint if I were in your shoes.

Enjoy your new care anyway, you will not be disappointed :)

I had exactly the same experience from my dealer. Turns out mine was in a with the black manual/service wallet in a plastic bag in the boot.

If not, it might be in the glove compartment if they put the wallet in there?

Enoy the car :thumb:

They come in a bag with the book pack from the factory and are universal. it sounds like it's been misplaced. Call them up and get them to order you a new one, they're only £15

Mine was in a pack in the boot as well.

Cheers everyone, I wasn't sure what I was looking for size wise (I.e. What was behind the silver round cap) but found it tucked away at the back of the centre console compartment. All sorted now!

Loving the car and already have given it a clean after having it 6 hours! Haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom