Keyless Go & COMAND

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alex

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
S65, CLK5.6TT (WIP) & RRS 5.0 SC
Is there any way for COMAND to automatically switch off when I switch the engine off with the button on the gear stick? And start back as well when I start the car?

03 CL600

Thanks

It should turn off when you open the doors

When I park up press the button on gear knob to shut off power the engine goes off but the command stays on till I open the door

Hope that all makes sense

It should turn off when you open the doors

When I park up press the button on gear knob to shut off power the engine goes off but the command stays on till I open the door

Hope that all makes sense

That the drivers door

Gee, so simple. Thanks, I'll try and report back.

I think it should turn off anyway. You're not double pressing the gear start/stop button are you, when you turn the engine off? (sorry if that sounds like a daft question Alx, I know what I mean :))

No, no double pressing (didn't even know you can do that - what does double pressing do btw?).

On cars with Keyless Go (well, certainly on my 04 SL and 09 ML) the stereo goes off when you open the driver's door - not when you press the off button.

This behaviour works really well for me - I switch the engine off, finish listening to what I was listening, open the door and it turns off.

Richard

Tried the door thing - it works! Started the car and COMAND turned on too.

Great success!

Thank you.

No, no double pressing (didn't even know you can do that - what does double pressing do btw?).
Sorry, thought you might be inadvertently switching the car off and then the electrics straight back on to the first setting. In mine a quick press is like turning the ignition key to the first setting etc. The longer press starts the engine.

I am a Luddite, as others will testify to. Sorry wasn't any help :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom