Keyless Go Handles, swap possible?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BeansMeansCLS

Car
CLS55
Hi all, 2 of the Keyless Go handles on my CLS55 have stopped working, I don't really fancy forking out to have them replaced (£200 a pop) just for the other 2 to break in the near future.

Does anyone know if it's possible to swap the Keyless Go door handles for normal door handles? This would be a much more futureproof solution!

Both O/S keyless entry handles on my CLS55 failed soon after I bought it and were replaced under warranty. The others never failed. I could have carried on and used them without keyless but wanted them right.

as above, just leave them as they are and carry on using as normal handles.

most irritating thing about my cls55 has been the keyless go door handles. I really really love keyless go but have now had five replaced. Three initially when I bought the car and then two under the two year AMG parts warranty when they failed after 18 moths. Its always the same thing ...water in the button.
Not really any need to replace the door kandles , just ignore it and use the key fob as you would if you didnt have KG. that way when yo sell it at least the new owner could have the option to replace and get KG door opening back.
There is someone who will repair them if you do a search on here or maybe somebody will pop it up

If you fancy having your existing KG handles repaired, this place has a quick turnaround and much cheaper than new ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom