Keyless Go Retrofit ML350

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

speedcheese

Car
2010 ML350 W164
Just bought a 2010 ML350 and interested what is involved in retrofitting KeyLess Go, or even if it's already installed. Obviously the key slot could take the button that just clips in and out but I know there's much more to it in terms of STAR-enabling and electronics. The drivers door has the little black sensor panel but none of the other doors do.

How would I know, without paying a dealer serious £££ to tell me, whether or not I have Keyless Go already enabled ? Or is asking the dealer the only way ? I'd wondered about buying the button and trying it for relatively nominal cost but wasn't sure if there's another way of finding out.

If you post up your Vin # the datacard can be produced for you showing what options the car had when it left the factory.

I understand its very expensive to retrofit Keyless go.

This is indeed a very expensive retrofit as you need to change the ignition switch, the door handles, add lots of wiring, antennas and of course an ECU and new keys.

- the EIS and keys are 'theft relevant' and can be therefore troublesome to get one for the car with KG when the car doesn't have it.

The black sensor window on your car is just IR sensor. as your car doesnt have buttons on all doors it doesn't have KG

R

If you post up your Vin # the datacard can be produced for you showing what options the car had when it left the factory.

Are there people here that can still do this as I would like to know if our E250 had keyless go, but I just haven't been given the button thingy ?

Are there people here that can still do this as I would like to know if our E250 had keyless go, but I just haven't been given the button thingy ?

You can do it for yourself if you put you full Vin# without any spaces into this website.
Mercedes-Benz VIN Decoder

You would know because if you walked up to the car with key in your hand and tried to open the door without unlocking it and it opened then you have keyless. As Richard says, look for the buttons on the doors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom