Keyless go

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dappa

Car
C63 Coupe
Does anybody have any experience with 'keyless go' on the C coupe. Dealer told me that you simply press a botton to start and stop it. Seems a lot of money (£960) for a simple button:confused:

If you have the key in your pocket (or on you anywhere) you can also open any door or the boot without unlocking them. The only time you use the key is to lock the car.

I agree it is expensive but in practice I find it a nice feature, especially the starter button as I do not have stop/start. It makes turning the car off when stuck at long lights etc easier.

Mine, whilst older than yours, has keyless. Also means you can approach and open the door / boot without pressing a button on the fob. It just knows you're there. Think it's meant to lock it too, when you get so far away, but not tried that yet.

I love it, but it's a pain when I forget that not all cars have it :doh:

FWIW, were I to be in the market for a new car, I'd have it optioned in.

There are two facets - keyless entry and keyless go.

Keyless entry lets you open/lock the doors if the key is on your person.

Keyless go is the push button stop start.

They are a great feature - more useful than you might think - I'd do it.

Edit, John you said what I was going to add :eek:

I've only had my CLK for just over a week now and mine has keyless entry and keyless go. Took me a little while to get used to it but now I don't think I could live without it! I for one, find it very useful :thumb:

It sounds very similar to the system on my foucs RS. That took awhile to test if the doors are actuly locked when you press the button on the handle to lock it. However it's still seams steep. It's one of those options that car dealers know customers WILL want so they hike the price up.
I does feel sporty pressing a button instead of fumbling with a key

worth every penny, great feature, dont have to worry about keys, keep them in your pocket and you can open the car and start it.

I've got Keyless entry, go and drive on mine for when I'm hung over.

AKA The Wife!! :D

Does anybody have any experience with 'keyless go' on the C coupe. Dealer told me that you simply press a botton to start and stop it. Seems a lot of money (£960) for a simple button:confused:

I thought keyless go was not an option on C or E class models in the UK.

I have it on my CLS55, and absolutely love it.

I have it on my E55, I remember looking at a diagram of what it involves. all the door handles are different, and have a button on them, as does the boot. The gear selector has a button on it too. There are sensors all over the car I think to see if the key is inside the car or not. What I find really clever is that it wont let you lock your keys in the boot or the car. eg if you have you keys in you jacket pocket, put that in the boot, and then try shutting the boot, the bootlid will simply not close.
I guess, compared to some options, there may well be alot of tech involved making it not so much of a rip off?

I haven't taken my car key out of my work bag for a week. When youve had a rubbish day, and it's raining, and you're carrying a bag, and holding an umbrella, you are very glad to just pull the handle, open the door, get in the car and just drive away.

I miss it on my other cars - I really do. I also love pushing the button on the gearknob to start it. Makes me feel like a pilot!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom