Keyless - Kick Boot to Open?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mbenz76

MB Enthusiast
Car
E350 AMG Night Edition Premium Plus Saloon
Just changed my car from a 2010 E350 to a 2015 E350. One of the features I have now that I didn't previously is Keyless.

The manual says I should be able to open the boot by makinrg a kicking motion towards the lower centre of the back bumper. The theory being that if you have your hands full it will help. And it would.

However, I cannot for the life of me get the feature to work. I can open the boot manually while standing behind it with the key in my pocket, and all other Keyless featres work perfectly, but no amount of kicking no matter how I stand, how fast I go, how close I get etc. make any difference.

Now is there a knack to this which I have yet yo get, or do I have a fault, or is this a feature not on UK cars?

Manuals can be general to numerous models.

Do you have that particular feature (the kick part of keyless) on your car?

The datacard (available from the dealer) will show options fitted.

Last edited:
I know what options are fitted as I specified them.

Keyless is a single option - there were not different variations of it. I know that there can be regional variations sometimes.

On the face of it though, if I have Keyless then I should be able to kick the book open :)

A bit of Gangnam Style round the back perhaps :D.

[YOUTUBE]9bZkp7q19f0[/YOUTUBE]

I have embarrassed myself sufficiently already trying to activate it :)

Well you are doing it wrong, with your arms full of bags you are supposed to jump and have both feet near to contact with the rear bumper at the same time,can you let us know when you intend to do this and where I am sure we have a few people who will turn up to watch

I have the full Keyless Go on my R231. There is a knack to it, you have to make sure that you kick under the centre of the bumper. Also, are you sure that you have the full Keyless Go Comfort package which is a extra and not just Keyless Go starting function. Not sure wether the remote boot opening function is available on the E, it is on the SL and S class. I wood check with your dealer.

I've got it on my c class premium plus estate, works a treat both on opening and closing

It was part of the Premium Plus package and is termed "Keyless Go Comfort Package" in the list of what that pack includes.

The E Class manual doesn't indicate there are different variations so am assuming I have it fitted and am either doing it wrong or have a fault.

For those who have it and use it, what technique do you employ?

Just curious. Does your car have a tow bar fitted? If so the sensor may have been moved, disconnected or the tow bar maybe obscuring the sensor beam.

OR

Sometimes the sensor gets very dirty with traffic dirt and may just need a gentle clean.

Maybe get down and have a look under the car to see if there is even a sensor there. If not, then you have your answer.

Let us know.

Ant.

Sorry. I've just seen the "Tow Bar" in your signature.

I think that may be the problem?

Anyone else?

Ant

Interesting. Thank you.

Didn't think about tow bar. Car is clean so not down to dirt. Be interested to know if anyone else has the factory fit folding tow bar and the kick sensor working.

Will ask dealer next time I have cause to be there as well.

Sorry to drag this back up, but I’ve just picked up essentially the same car and I can’t make the boot open with my foot either. Did we ever confirm that it’s the swing-out tow bar?

I have no problem in using it on my E63, I've kicked centre, and off centre on both sides, boot opens/closes no bother

If u give me your vin or reg I can check the speck on your car , its called Boot Lid Convienience Closing Feature, it is an xtra option on the keyless.

It could also be down to the person, we have the keyless entry/go system and while it works perfectly for me my wife has to dangle her foot at allsorts of angles to try and get the system to work for her, invariably failing, it is funny to watch though.

Quick Q on the tow bar actually. Should it lock into place after activation? I have to pull mine the rest of the way and I don’t know if that’s how it is supposed to work.

My 2014 W205 C Class Premium Package has Keyless Go, I fitted a Tow Bar myself, (hidden type) the convenience boot opening works just fine. There is a knack to it, I just swing my foot right of centre and the boot opens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom