Keyless Locking

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MacCLS500

Car
CLS500
If you have it do you find it a pain the but to work. If I walk out the house and have the key in my pocket and go top my partners car when I walk pass my car it unlocks as it is supposed to do but when I return if I forget to lock it it remains unlocked. OK I know this is the way it is supposed to work. I now leave my key for the CLS in doors and have seperated from my house keys. Or have I got it totally wrong and having a very senior moment. Some of you must have addressed this situation and what do you do.

On my S500 I have to touch to door handle for it to unlock or press the button on the handle for it to lock.

Are you brushing against the door of your car ?

Hi,your system must differ from mine, the car does nothing if I do not touch it. It only locks or unlocks when I touch the door handle, to lock you press the button on the door. This is on a 2005 CL600 with 'keyless go'

It is only meant to unlock when you grab a handle. Thus something must be wrong.

As it happens, I think I am seeing you shortly - I can show you a ML with KG so you can see what should happen.

If opened with the unlock button, a MB will lock again if the door is not locked - I have never tried this with the KG unlock, but I will.

Richard

It is only meant to unlock when you grab a handle. Thus something must be wrong.

As it happens, I think I am seeing you shortly - I can show you a ML with KG so you can see what should happen.

If opened with the unlock button, a MB will lock again if the door is not locked - I have never tried this with the KG unlock, but I will.

Richard

Hi, I have the KG, as you suggest, if you unlock but do not open any door, after a short period it then locks again.:)

Hi,your system must differ from mine, the car does nothing if I do not touch it. It only locks or unlocks when I touch the door handle, to lock you press the button on the door. This is on a 2005 CL600 with 'keyless go'

What he said...

Just had a read of the manual and it does state the following. Page 90 The vehicle may accidentally unlock if the Keyless Go key is within one meter of the vehicle. This is my situation. Now going to try instruction on page 47 by pressing the locking button on door handle which I think is where the problem is as I think the handle needs replacing as previously noted and got a price of £200 for new handle. Meetin a man who knows next week so could instructed where I am going wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom