Khz's "Should I buy this?" thread - help needed!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KillerHERTZ

Administrator
Staff member
Car
SL63 AMG
Yep, another one of those threads! might as well make thread one for all of them in future :D

2002, CLK 320 (Petrol) AMG Kit & Wheels, bloke owns a tyre firm and said it has new on all corners.

Last serviced from a garage in 2010. Been 'serviced' ever since by family members... :crazy:

Passenger seat buttons dont work, but the memory function does so the motors work - simple switch change?

Mercedes-Benz : MERCEDES CLK 320 AVANTGARDE AMG SPEC

Over priced? good for £6k? run?

Thanks for your help!

Last edited:
Have to say reading your other thread,

32 single... That would suit you more? or even a convertible. Have those sorts of cars while you can I say !!

Funny my wifes B class was in today at the indy for a mot (it passed) but I asked could I use their CLK instead of the C classes they have. Theres is the previous shape to this but I like it.

I guess this would do 30mpg on a run? Looks much never than it is, looks lowered?, I like it...

No idea on price? sorry

I dont do convertibles, ever!

Seems to be priced about right, I dont like the non AMG kit W209, to feminine IMO :D

What about a w208 55amg? I imagine some are near to £6k these days.

What about a w208 55amg? I imagine some are near to £6k these days.

Too old now, brother had one, rust even worse than a W202

Thanks for your replies BTW!

Last edited:
Wheel arches look as if they might have seen better days but difficult to say from the "snaps" No mention of mileage?

No mention of mileage?

96K,No!!Karl:I think it`s overpriced and he has had it the for nearly 1 month there.If you really like it,offer him 5.5 and see what he say`s

Last edited:
Thanks for the input, looking through the various threads rust is of course an issue... :(

Whats the real life MPG for these?

Karl

The original car - walk away. Too many 'ifs and buts' about it to be a keeper.

The one Red C220 posted looks much better IMHO

That CLK320 looks very steeply priced for a 2002 CLK.

In terms of fuel economy it will be pretty similar to our W203 C320, what sort of mileage do you do - how long is your commute etc?

We can see 30+ on the motorway on a long run. Most of our mileage is local / suburban so it's mid 20's most of the time. You can get it into the low teens quite easily :)

Please consider borrowing some money and purchasing my car.

Your begging people to buy the 'shed'? lmao, why so he can break down all the time?:D

I personally think 6K for that CLK is about right considering the the AMG kit/wheels & options it has, I like it.

If you do buy it then I think its a good buy.

Why not a C32 AMG for the same price!

The shed is a dam awesome car now. It's totally mechanically perfect , the best suspension kit money can buy and perfect bodywork. Anyone who buys will be getting a great car now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom