'Kickdown' on W163

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mercman1969

Noticed recently that the kickdown is becomming tempramental on my 2002 W163 320

Is this a known fault and what can be done to solve it...is it a case of having the logic reset via Star.....

also does the W163 have such a thing as a throttle body reset...my old TT used to suffer alot and at times needed the 'fly by wire' throttle resetting

Cheers

Pete

does the W163 have such a thing as a throttle body reset...my old TT used to suffer alot and at times needed the 'fly by wire' throttle resetting
Pete

Try the procedure below.......some say it makes a difference, some say it doesn't......i noticed a difference on mine, the box felt 'sportier'.

Please report back ......

1. Turn the key to the on (not start) position, the position just before the starter turns over.

2. Press the gas pedal to the floor with the key in the "on" position.

3. Hold the pedal to the floor for five seconds, then turn the key back to the "off" position (don't remove the key), then release the gas pedal.

4. Wait 2 mins for a full alignment.

Sounds like the MAF sensor going lazy to me thus the engine not giving full power.

Try the procedure below.......some say it makes a difference, some say it doesn't......i noticed a difference on mine, the box felt 'sportier'.

Please report back ......

1. Turn the key to the on (not start) position, the position just before the starter turns over.

2. Press the gas pedal to the floor with the key in the "on" position.

3. Hold the pedal to the floor for five seconds, then turn the key back to the "off" position (don't remove the key), then release the gas pedal.

4. Wait 2 mins for a full alignment.

This does not work. I have proved it with the Star.

any other thoughts or ideas?

Still not resolved the problem of the clock also running slow...losses about 3 minutes for every hour drove

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom