kickdown problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

blubber

coming home from work this evening was putting foot to floor but nothing happened just moved through gears but no kickdown or acceleration, stopped on side, switched off engine then restarted and everything fine any ideas, could my box be on the way out, was planning on taking car to indy to check oil and change if nessecary...

Rather than a gearbox fault, if the engine power is down, it cant kick down and I think that it could be the MAF filter that needs changing

yeah i am going to take it to mercs only tomorrow to diagnose a fault with my sat nav will ask them to chechk for any fault codes relating to this, don't need this now as am driving to spain early august, thanks for help will let u know what they say

ok went and had the car put on computer and it came back as charge pressure sensor signal voltage too high, the garage recommended changing the turbo rather than the sensor as usually the sensor doesn't cure problem, at the end of the readout it says turbo jams temporarily...

code0105-001 component b5/1

any ideas

The variable vane ring is jammed. Common fault. There is special grease to lube the actuator with.

damage code is 09 301 53, i phoned mercs only to tell them that i wanted to change just the the sensor but they kept on insisting on a new turbo from mercs at 1200 quid + labor, so i phoned another garage who said that they would check why the turbo jammed and check sensor before doing anything so will i will take car to them on thursday and let u know how i get on

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom