Kickdown won't change up when done at 80km/h

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jakobsen95

Car
W211 E280 CDI
Hello. My 2006 facelifted E280 has a wierd issue where when kickdown is done at 80km/h the car will accelerate to aprox. 110km/h then bounch on the rev limiter and not shift up to the next gear. The only way it will shift up is if done manually or i let of the throttle. This is the only time it does this, otherwise it changes perfectly.

The fluid was changed a week ago and I have tried resetting the TCM/shift adaption.

Anyone who have experienced this and/or have an idea of what might be wrong?

The kickdown should change-up when it hits the rev limiter, however I am guessing that it's also restricted to one gear before last? The top gear will almost always be overdrive, which is kind of incompatible with the driving style that the driver requests from the car when in kickdown. As you say, it will change-up once you ease-off the accelerator. Well, this is my guess, anyway.

The kickdown should change-up when it hits the rev limiter, however I am guessing that it's also restricted to one gear before last? The top gear will almost always be overdrive, which is kind of incompatible with the driving style that the driver requests from the car when in kickdown. As you say, it will change-up once you ease-off the accelerator. Well, this is my guess, anyway.
That would make sense, however if I do a kickdown at 115 km/h it will kickdown and shift up correctly at the limiter.

Today I tried scanning for codes and no issues were found. I then tried resetting adaption, and went for a drive. I tried again a few times and the problem persistet.

I decided to try and manually change up with the stick right before the review limiter would kick in, forcing it to change correctly, and after I did this two times, it now changes up as expected after the kickdown.

I guess it had to relearn to switch at that specific gear...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom