Kiddies Car Seats

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Quincy_W140

Car
C215 2005 CL500
Hi,

It is nearly time -- after a long process and plenty of tears, me and Mrs Quincy are nearing the end of our adoption journey... 3 littluns under that age of 5 all in one hit... ETA mid-April :eek:

Sooo... the question to the panel is about kiddies car seats of which I know nothing other than they have Isofix fittings apparently.

Which make/model of car seats do you find easy to use and which are a right PITA? Which ones fall to bits after 3 months and which are hard wearing?

They will be going into a people carrier (so long Mrs Quincy's SLK :() and will be more or less a permanent fixture in that... I'll get an additional seat later for excursions in the W140.

TIA for your help.

Q.

P.S. Anyone want to buy an SLK?
P.P.S. How much are 3 kiddies going to cost me over the next 20 years? :wallbash:

Hi,

It is nearly time -- after a long process and plenty of tears, me and Mrs Quincy are nearing the end of our adoption journey... 3 littluns under that age of 5 all in one hit... ETA mid-April :eek:

Sooo... the question to the panel is about kiddies car seats of which I know nothing other than they have Isofix fittings apparently.

Which make/model of car seats do you find easy to use and which are a right PITA? Which ones fall to bits after 3 months and which are hard wearing?

They will be going into a people carrier (so long Mrs Quincy's SLK :() and will be more or less a permanent fixture in that... I'll get an additional seat later for excursions in the W140.

TIA for your help.

Q.

P.S. Anyone want to buy an SLK?
P.P.S. How much are 3 kiddies going to cost me over the next 20 years? :wallbash:

Isn't it something like £200k a pop? We have one on the way and while I can't wait, the cost is something I haven't calculated in detail yet!

Firstly, congratulations.

Secondly cost will be lots of blood sweat and tears, plus tons of love to give and receive.

Best of luck.

Crikey!.....well I suspect car seats will be the last thing you want to be worried about. Basically nearly all car seats bought from a reputable shop - think John Lewis - will do the job. If you got three kids the most important consideration will be to make sure the car seats you buy are narrow enough to fit three abreast.
Best of luck

try and get a car with 3 "proper" individual seats at the back; ie Citroen Picasso etc etc.

If they are always going to be fitted then go for isofix, however remember after about 3 the child will go into a booster seat....

go for the best isofix seat you can get - Which does a good comparison. At the time when we got ours (about 3 years ago now), Britax was the best brand. Mothercare will have all the decent seats for you to try.

Isofix only works with certain cars that have the fittings - a friend had to CUT THROUGH THE LEATHER seats in his Nissan Pathfinder to access the Isofix brackets in behind !!!

Recaro child seats are highly commended - there is a wide range with different fitting methods and available through many outlets - details on Recaro website .

we bought a maxi cosi which has a turntable design, this makes the process of putting them in the seats a lot easier and will help to avoid back problems (for you). ISOfix is helpful if u want to have interchangable options with an easy click and go.

congrats on your forthcoming arrivals.:thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom