Kiddy seats

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wilsonuk

Car
ML320 cdi / AM Vantage / Jaguar XJ / formerly SL350 and E320cdi
Bit of a dull one this perhaps, but I'll ask anyway...

My wife is expecting (happy days of course!) and I'm wondering if there is a child seat solution where I can have a stylish buggy which also has a baby seat which just lifts out and clicks into my cars?

I have an 06 plate ML and an 05 plate E saloon, do these have the 'click in' system and has anyone else done the research for the perfect solution so that I don't have to!!??

Hello

We bought the maxi cosi seats with the isofix base units,

The base units click into each car with the isofix and the seatbelt, and stays put. the baby seat then just comes off the pram and clicks in.

Very easy. The bases are around £100 each but makes it so much easier if your using two cars. No phaffing with seat belts whrn it raining and the little ones crying etc. Click and go...

Maxi-Cosi | Easybase 2

** Just noticed the bit about the buggy, most if not all you can but adaptors for the Maxi cosi to fit them. There are only a few however where you can use the cot part of a pram and click that into a base, not so bad as when they are very little they only stay in them around 6 months)

*** Double edit... As we had the Apple iCandy pram if that helps your choice, seats can fit any which way, light weight, easy to fold etc.....But cost more than my first car with all the added options !!!

Last edited:
Bugaboo buggy will take a Maxi-Cosi seat and that will snap straight into the base that you mount in the car.

But, it is only recommended that they ever be in a baby seat for 2 hours due to spinal development so I would not be using as a 'buggy'

The one we have (above) was handy if she was asleep so could just lift out of car and put onto the buggy or if she was awake, just put into the buggy in the usual fashion

Hello

We bought the maxi cosi seats with the isofix base units,

The base units click into each car with the isofix and the seatbelt, and stays put. the baby seat then just comes off the pram and clicks in.

Very easy. The bases are around £100 each but makes it so much easier if your using two cars. No phaffing with seat belts whrn it raining and the little ones crying etc. Click and go...

Maxi-Cosi | Easybase 2

/
We did the same, although it's amazing how quickly they grow out of them!

The bases are great.

^ I agree we have

2 * base units £120 each
2 * Maxi cosi Tobi's £180each
1 * Maxi Cosi Penguin £100

and now will need two of the larger seats for 4yrs plus soon :) probably £180 each so around £1000 in seats / base :)

Yes you can get 9 month to 12 yrs in some but the which reports and saftey issues suggest the one designed for their age / weight are better.

Still well worth it mind.

:)

New Maxi-cosi seats use a family fix base which will be good until 4 yrs old as work with 0+ and then group 1 seats.

Kate

congratulations!

remember though - it's not good to keep junior in the car seats for long periods of time - so nothing wrong with taking him/her out of the car seat and putting them flat into a pram - the car seats are thought to cause back issues so better to do a swap unless it's a very short period of time.

This might sound weird, but have you tried the local nursery? My mate got his second hand when they were prospecting for the future rug rat and it was in perfect nick.

Car seats are so expensive nowadays and the age range ones tend to be used to a short periods of time, especially people who only use them occasionally. Nursery noticeboards seem to be full of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom