Kids at the pump....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
One troublesome exhaust bolt on my motorbike cost me 50p on Saturday!

I've offered my full support to you on this thread so far but your post above has just indicated your bad paranting. Spoiling your son with too much money at such a young age will come back to haunt you. :fail

Ant. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Happytalk73 said:
I've offered my full support to you on this thread so far but your post above has just indicated your bad paranting. Spoiling your son with too much money at such a young age will come back to haunt you. :fail Ant. :D

It did take him 16 hours? ;)

Happytalk73 said:
Another contender for the 'Do You Remember' thread. I spent many a journey in the back of dads cortina estate.....................I wouldn't mind, I had no siblings, the rear seats were empty. :eek: Ant. :D

This gave me a flash back to my dads Cortina estate; reg number CVW988X, if memory serves me correctly... My siblings and I used to argue over who would sit in the boot as it was the best place to be! Now those were the days, waving at the cars behind.

This gave me a flash back to my dads Cortina estate; reg number CVW988X, if memory serves me correctly... My siblings and I used to argue over who would sit in the boot as it was the best place to be! Now those were the days, waving at the cars behind.

My parents had an Austin A40 Farina saloon, shown here broken down on the M1 in about 1968 I guess:

When my second sister arrived my first sister actually did travel in the boot when we drove from Teddington to Nottingham (which took a whole day) to visit my grandparents. Not quite as bad as it sounds as the boot was just an open space behind the rear seats with a removable vinyl cover. However the bottom-hinged bootlid did fall open once on the M1 (luckily my sister didn't fall out)! They sold it and got a split-screen VW camper after that:

I had a Mk1 A40 Farina back in the late 1960's nice little car, even started to teach the wife to drive in it, before she was expecting our first child, that curtailed the lessons!

Wondering if you'd do the same today with many modern cars not having a spare! :doh:

None of ours have no spare , and so far , only the S203 came with a 'space saver' spare - which was promptly discarded in favour of a 'proper' one .

I won't buy a car with no provision to carry a full size spare .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom