kids grrrr

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

scruffy

Car
W209 CLK 320
was curious why our home tel had been cut off today, always pay the bills on time etc.

Having contacted our provider transpires my 11yr old son has rattled up nearly £300 in 3 weeks :eek: calling his mates on mobiles, turns out the providers automatically suspend your account once you hit a predetermined limit - thankfully.

Moral - if you've got kids and phones, get your bills capped.

Grounded forever!

scruffy said:

Luckily my 11 year old hasn't started calling his friends like that but then he has no access to a phone either without one of us noticing. Just tell him that he won't get anything for x-mas now as that £300 was for his presents!!! :devil:

scruffy said:
Grounded forever!

Ouch!!!

Cut his fingers off...... and if he behaves, give them back at Christmas.

£300 :mad: :mad: ;)

John

A friend of my father's used to have a phone in the hall that would only receive calls or ring 999. The only phone that would dial-out was in a locked cupboard in his bedroom!

IMHO that's a clever idea, although even cleverer is simply to lose the phone altogether - I make basically no calls from the landline it pretty much exists exclusively for broadband! ;)

Never mind the fingers, there are some people who work for me I would like executed.

Off they went on a two week business trip to Australia just before Christmas (hard life, eh?) complete with Blackberrys. Everyone has been told not to use BLackberrys whilst abroad for emails unless absolutely necessary but use laptops or local office network instead. What happens?

One produces a Vodafraud bill which has roaming data transfer & call costs of £920 and the other £600. Any now they are moaning because I will not sign it off on expenses.

Any now they are moaning because I will not sign it off on expenses.

I used to say to my kids if they 'done a wrong'. "If you were in my position and it was your eg 11 year old that had eg run up a bill how would you deal with the situation?" Its amazing how it hits home when they have to agree with my resolution ( after the initial smart **** response anyway ;) )

I would ask your employees the same question ?

scruffy said:

Grounded forever!

or better still - get the line coded so you can only phone moby's with a secret code - and ban certain moby numbers.. Your service provider should be able to offer you a range of solutions to prevent this happening again.

I'm so lucky my two are proper sweethearts ;) :D

glojo said:
Cut his fingers off...... and if he behaves, give them back at Christmas.

John

be needing them for the saturday job he's now going to get

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom