Kids.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CLSMark

Banned
Car
Volkswagen Touareg
I have two daughters, but sometimes I do wonder what it would have been like to have two boys, or one of each. I was changing the glow plug relay yesterday, had my 3/8 drive out, and my torx sockets, all really cool man stuff, would have been nice to a mini me watching in awe, as we all did with our dads. once job was complete I went in the lounge wanting loads of fuss for my efforts, but the 3 women in my life were too busy watching Britains got talent...and couldn't have given any less of stuff.

I feel in no way cheated or ungrateful I don't have boys, my girls are everything, but I do wish I had a lad to watch footy and do boy things with at times.

Anybody the opposite to me?

Sent using a tin can on the end of a string

We'll I have one of each both still at home, just.

The lad probably couldn't change a wheel and the female takes after my wife and is car mad, she actually sells them.

However anything car related just appears to be not too interesting when it comes down to maintenance.

Let's face it who actually fixes cars nowadays :wallbash:

We'll I have one of each both still at home, just.

The lad probably couldn't change a wheel and the female takes after my wife and is car mad, she actually sells them.

However anything car related just appears to be not too interesting when it comes down to maintenance.

Let's face it who actually fixes cars nowadays :wallbash:

I do btw, I have to.

Attachments

• DV0D5079.jpg
    DV0D5079.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 56
I have a daughter, she's 3 at the moment and is a nosey little thing. So she wants to be involved in most things.

She likes pink stuff as well as you cars and she's not bad in a light sabre duel (young Padawan!)

Think it just depends on the child male or female as to what they'll like growing up and indeed be a petrolhead or not. A girlfriend I had as a teenager had two brothers she was the only petrol head!

This is my little girl drying the wheels on my E. Whilst dressed as a fairy, well why not eh! Hah

8C2A841C-3820-46CA-A854-0107510EBC39_zpsjnw1imtb.jpg

Welllll
Daughter no1 can fix a car as well as I can.
She knows more about buying/selling cars than me - among her existing collection is the best original mini I've seen in a long time and a T2 bay with everything - including extending roof with hammocks, proper front rack and lots more - both bought for a steal.
If she can't do it herself, she is more than happy to use her womanly wiles, and flash a fetching smile to a mechanic to get stuff done.
She moved on to repairing Harriers, and then supporting the sneaky beakies in Afghanistan on rotating wings.
I was proud to see her get her campaign medal from Charlie at Clarence House.
Nice bit of nosh there too.
She's also had a few bikes - the best was a CBR 600F - perfect for her.
Yes, she was a bit of a tomboy in her youth, but she is now a stunning woman.
So it isn't just about having the boys to follow in your footsteps.

Welllll
Daughter no1 can fix a car as well as I can.
She knows more about buying/selling cars than me - among her existing collection is the best original mini I've seen in a long time and a T2 bay with everything - including extending roof with hammocks, proper front rack and lots more - both bought for a steal.
If she can't do it herself, she is more than happy to use her womanly wiles, and flash a fetching smile to a mechanic to get stuff done.
She moved on to repairing Harriers, and then supporting the sneaky beakies in Afghanistan on rotating wings.
I was proud to see her get her campaign medal from Charlie at Clarence House.
Nice bit of nosh there too.
She's also had a few bikes - the best was a CBR 600F - perfect for her.
Yes, she was a bit of a tomboy in her youth, but she is now a stunning woman.
So it isn't just about having the boys to follow in your footsteps.

Yeh, I wasn't casting dispersions on my pair. It's more that they are girly girls.

Yours sounds amazing!!

CLSMark said:
I have two daughters, but sometimes I do wonder what it would have been like to have two boys, or one of each. I was changing the glow plug relay yesterday, had my 3/8 drive out, and my torx sockets, all really cool man stuff, would have been nice to a mini me watching in awe, as we all did with our dads. once job was complete I went in the lounge wanting loads of fuss for my efforts, but the 3 women in my life were too busy watching Britains got talent...and couldn't have given any less of stuff. I feel in no way cheated or ungrateful I don't have boys, my girls are everything, but I do wish I had a lad to watch footy and do boy things with at times. Anybody the opposite to me? Sent using a tin can on the end of a string

I have 2 boys. My 6 year old loves cars. I took him to the London motor show on the weekend and he was loving it. He's also started to take an interest in mechanics. We turned his old bike into a "stunt" bike and he was quite good with the tools. So far they both seem to like anything with wheels so I'm happy to encourage it.

All kids are amazing! I have girly girls too :)
Forgot to say that No1 ignored all of my 'good' advice and did exactly what she thought was best.
The best bit is she proved me wrong and I really love that :)

I had just one son, though I'm reasonably adept at most 'man' tasks, he shows little aptitude on the DIY front, can use a screwdriver under supervision sort of thing. However we do get to do blokey things with a shared interest in steam trains, and suchlike. I don't do much car maintenance these days, no Phd in electronics, I think my Hillman Avenger was the last car I had the Cylinder head off!

I never had kids but my sister has 3 , they all emigrated to Cyprus some years ago , and unfortunately split up , and the lad ended up living In London with his old man.

His Dad is a businessman as such(and loaded) so never does or can do anything practical at all.
I on the other hand am skint therefore can do most things myself :)

But , he used to come down to stay with me from around 8 years old onwards , and it was great, we used to go and walk miles in the woods with my dog , climbing trees playing soldiers with airsoft guns etc. we both loved it.

I taught him how to fish /shoot /ride a bike, we had Nitro R/C cars and he would love to know how they work and we would fix them together as they got bust every time.

He has been on some amazing Holidays with his Dad - Dubai, Mauritius all in super expensive Hotels etc.
But the thing that is cool for me is His favourite Holiday was with me and My Mum in a small Cottage next to Loch Ness, he says he will never forget that one.

I helped him win a school project when we made a car with loads of led lights, and have a better bond with him than he has with his Dad , so sometimes wish I maybe had a Son of my own , as now he is all grown up :(
But good memories are timeless, and some people have not always been as fortunate as me , and that's the way I try to view it :)

We have a 11 year old daughter. She's very girlie but is still my best mate in the world. She helps out with whatever I'm doing wether it be car cleaning, building work etc but I know she's not enjoying it much, she just does it to spend time with me.

We would have liked a boy (or indeed another girl) but Mrs Ant health was not willing. We're a really solid family unit. Even the dog is female. :doh:

Ant. :thumb:

He has been on some amazing Holidays with his Dad - Dubai, Mauritius all in super expensive Hotels etc.
But the thing that is cool for me is His favourite Holiday was with me and My Mum in a small Cottage next to Loch Ness, he says he will never forget that one.

That reminds me of last summer (albeit on a lesser scale). I had every Friday off work during the summer school holidays. We went out every Friday for the day including two weekends away to amazing hotels.

The day before our daughter returned to school we asked her what was her favourite day out: "That day when we played football on that field"

Simple things in life can be so much better. Spending time together is essential as the years fly by.

I have two daughters, but sometimes I do wonder what it would have been like to have two boys, or one of each. I was changing the glow plug relay yesterday, had my 3/8 drive out, and my torx sockets, all really cool man stuff, would have been nice to a mini me watching in awe, as we all did with our dads. once job was complete I went in the lounge wanting loads of fuss for my efforts, but the 3 women in my life were too busy watching Britains got talent...and couldn't have given any less of stuff.

I feel in no way cheated or ungrateful I don't have boys, my girls are everything, but I do wish I had a lad to watch footy and do boy things with at times.

One of my best mates has two girls and a wife who doesn't drive. He's a lifelong season ticket-holding QPR supporter and goes to as many home games as he can but more that once he's been forced by his ladies to drive to Westfield on a Saturday afternoon to go shopping when QPR are playing. Westfield is about three minutes from the ground.......utter torture.

I do have a daughter but I also have a son and at times like that IT'S GREAT TO HAVE A BOY!!!!!

LOL.

Seriously I love hanging out with both my son and my daughter.

Just not in Westfield when QPR are at home.

Or just not in Westfield full stop now I think about it.

^^ the penthouse flats at the BBC Wood Lane can just about see into Loftus Road.
I sometimes nip over to the Westfield for a spot of reatail therapy. In a couple of years that entire area will have changed beyond recognition.

Two boys aged 18 months and 6 years old. I work long hours so don't spend as much time as I would like with them during the week but devote every weekend to them. They are exhausting and challenging but that's the way I want them to be. Like a big unruly dog they are systematically destroying every thing I own and go nuts if kept inside so must be taken into the fresh air for a run around every day. They like their cars so if the day comes when we struggle to communicate then perhaps a shared interest in motors will keep us talking. Incidentally my father in law is a mechanic so my Mrs is a real petrol head. And connects with her dad on cars.

My son is 2 and a half and he lives and breathes cars. He can name any car on the street, make and model. Loves being driven around and loves car spotting, which we do a lot in central London. Although he is fascinated by Rolls Royces his favourite car is red fiat 500.

He is high energy and we are looking to sort out a girl asap for my wife to do girly things with. She is having way too much cars in her life right now :)

I have a grown up daughter , with my former partner ( with whom I remain on good terms ) . Gill ( my daughter ) shares many of my interests , and we shared lots of quality time when she was younger , but cars wasn't one of them , despite me trying to give her a 190 for her 21st ; she ended up with a camera instead .

I also have a son , almost 9 , and have great times with him : he loves cars , is starting to take an interest in the workings of them and comes out to watch and learn when I'm tinkering ; we have great times playing with his train set ( went to see Tornado arrive in Edinburgh a couple of weeks back ) , and lots more .

Regardless of gender , the important thing is to be interested in their interests , and to encourage them , and to be there for them when they need you .

I wouldn't love either of them less if they were the opposite gender .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom