Killed another Subaru tonight

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maff

MB Enthusiast
On the way to Windsor some yobbo's in a Subaru Impretza started off slow in the right hand lane of the dual carrigeway, even though there was not much traffic in front of them.

They then gunned it with two of them looking out of the rear window and laughing and joking.

At the end of the dual carrigeway they were all looking confused trying to work out what happened. None of them were laughing any more :D

I take it you have had some new rubber fitted then Matt?
Otherwise, you would have no traction after the German gtg burnouts!!!!!!:D

Sill the same rubber, I just cut out the wear markers to give them a bit more life! :)

Originally posted by Maff
Sill the same rubber, I just cut out the wear markers to give them a bit more life! :)

I've got a tyre cutting tool that I use to re-tread my lorry tyres if you wanna borrow it ???;) ;)
JK

Does not suprise me! I sold my C220 Elegance to get a Scooby, and was not overly impressed. Yes it handles superbly on a tight twisty B road, but that does,nt help when im taking the wife and kids down the motorway!

It is an excellent drivers car, but not to my taste, I would rather be cruising in a Merc than rallying in my Sccoby, hence I am looking for another C Class!

Plus, finished building the company Skyline showcar, so everything feels slow now!

-----------
Hope you were in the Fiesta !!
:D :D

Last edited:
Hi Maff,

Forgive my ignorance, but can I ask what it is that you were driving when this incident ocurred? Sounds as if it would be quite an impressive beast.

Cheers

MSM

Originally posted by MSM
Hi Maff,

Forgive my ignorance, but can I ask what it is that you were driving when this incident ocurred? Sounds as if it would be quite an impressive beast.

Cheers

MSM

Welcome to the Forum MSM :D Maff currently drives a CL500 which is also up for sale ;)

S.

Last edited:
Thanks Steve. :)

How does the CL500 differ in performance from a CL600 and a "CL600 AMG"?

Cheers,

MSM

CL500: 0-60 in 5.9sec 306bhp V8
CL55: 0-60 in 4.4sec 500bhp V8
CL600: 0-60 in 4.4sec 500bhp V12

The older (2000 - 2002) CL55 and CL600 both had arround 360bhp.

Mid range straight lines is where they are good though.

Thanks Maff. :)

"
CL500: 0-60 in 5.9sec 306bhp V8
CL55: 0-60 in 4.4sec 500bhp V8
CL600: 0-60 in 4.4sec 500bhp V12
"

Those are very impressive figures for such a big car. :)

I remember being impressed by the performance of a CL600 I followed once, it was marked up as V12 and AMG. Is there such a thing as an AMG V12?

Cheers,

MSM

Yes and No.

Yes, AMG will make alterations to your 'standard' CL600 however the engine will usualy stay at 500bhp. (Unless you go for the 612bhp CL65 V12)

Most probably he had the AMG bodykit and wheels and stuck the AMG sticker on himself.

Cheers,

Matt.

I guess it may have been something like that then. Although, now I think about it, I dont think there were any numbers on the back... i.e. it said "AMG" and "CL" on the back and "V12" on the sides and through the exhaust note. :) I guess I picked up on the 600 bit because thats the only V12 I could find when I went looking for info on it. :)

Nice looking and sounding car. Reasonably quick to. :) It's not often you find a car that reels in that slowly, especially one that large. :)

I forgot to ask how much these beasts weigh. I suspect 1600 + KG, how far off am I? :)

Yikes! Thanks, that explains why the 500bhp or so isn't as fast as one would expect then, even with that huge mountain of torque. :) Still mightily impressive though. :)

These cars cost similar money to a 996 Turbo... now theres a problem for a lottery winner. ;) :)

With the exception of the GT1 roadcar, and anything from Brabus, are the CL55 / CL600 models the highest performance production vehicles that Mercedes and AMG manufacture?

The SL55 is probably the highest performance model with a slight edge over the CL55 due to aerodynamics.

AMG also produce the CL65 and SL65 (rare) which are the highest in terms of performance that you can get. These push out 620bhp from their twin turbo V12's and a 1000NM of torque.

The E55 is also up there with the CL and SL, but without a drag race between all three cars, it's difficult to say which is faster. I have heard of an E55 beating a 911 Turbo on the Autobahn.

There are some video's of an SL55 distroying a M5 and an 11.4 second 1/4 mile S600 at the drag stip here somewhere

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom