KillerHERTZ 2005 CLS55 AMG Kompressor (W219)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Video on my channel for my X-Pipe and decat mods:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Video on my channel for my X-Pipe and decat mods:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Great video :)

Sounds good. Not to loud when dawdling and what a V8 should sound like when opening it up.

No droning at all on motorways?

There will always be a place in my heart for the supercharged V8!

I do love that sound.

You won't get any drone from no secondary CATs or resontator. You tend to get drone if you modify the back boxes from what I have heard.

Removing secondary CATs should be an MOT failure because "the car does not have the CATs it left the factory with".

The reality is that I doubt any will fail for a number of reasons such as the tester not knowing the cars had 4 CATs to start with.

There will always be a place in my heart for the supercharged V8!

I do love that sound.

You won't get any drone from no secondary CATs or resontator. You tend to get drone if you modify the back boxes from what I have heard.

Removing secondary CATs should be an MOT failure because "the car does not have the CATs it left the factory with".

The reality is that I doubt any will fail for a number of reasons such as the tester not knowing the cars had 4 CATs to start with.

Good point John, however I was thinking when the tester seeings one shiny X pipe compared with the rest of the system being rusty. Won’t that raise some suspicion? That the exhaust has been modified

Good point John, however I was thinking when the tester seeings one shiny X pipe compared with the rest of the system being rusty. Won’t that raise some suspicion? That the exhaust has been modified

Maybe, but I'm not sure they would necessarily think "someone removed a secondary CAT to do this mod".

I would think they see plenty of modified exhausts which didn't have CATs there in the first place.

You could argue they see other ones with secondary CATs to know, but then do they remember every car they test and what it had.

Manufacturers themselves change things so could have done away with them in their subsequent designs.

At the end of the day, it's now technically a fail BUT as you say, you'd probably get away with it. Gutting them from above instead of removing gives you a better chance if you pick the wrong MOT station and technically you can just use straight pipes instead of an x-pipe doing that.

Ironically, that video sounds identical to my 100% standard CLS, which is a good thing as it sounds good and is surprisingly loud, but I'm sure the volume is a lot greater now if it wasn't for auto level mics.

Whats the secondary cat delete look like ? ive seen the x pipe or is it just a made up part from the garage ? where are the cats i seen the front ones

Whats the secondary cat delete look like ? ive seen the x pipe or is it just a made up part from the garage ? where are the cats i seen the front ones

Ill take a photo of them, I kept them incase I ever wish to return back to stock.

06n2hIn.jpg

csr looks tidy

Mate. I’ve noticed at least 5-6 posts where you simply reply ‘nice car’, ‘nice’ etc...

I know you need 30 posts to unlock certain features but this is not the way to go about that.

Lovely looking car! I never liked the CLS when it first came out, but its certainly grown on me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom