Kind of misfire?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Philbask

Car
W209 CLK 240 | 1991 230 CE |
Hi, looking for some ideas, my W124 230CE (M102.982 I think) has developed what appears to be a misfire but tbh it feels more like the engine is being choked! Not permanent but randomly will just lose power and feels as I say, like in the old days of a manual choke, that it was fully on when engine up to temp, just a real reluctance to generate power. I have changed plugs, leads, cap and rotor arm, no difference.
When it happens it will sometimes pick-up if the accelerator is depressed fully (after a second or three!), more often releasing the accelerator then re-applying clears the issue. When I say clears, it goes back to "normal" which even when no noticeable misfire the engine still feels down on power. Just to add, I ran the car today in Sport mode, and although not feeling particularly sporty.... did feel better, more reliable power, less obvious loss of power. Hoping one of the experts here can say "oh yeas that's deffo .,.,.,. ) before I start ripping bits out! :) I have the 9 pin diagnostic port and I understand it's less than useless?!
Cheers, Phil.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom