Kindle Fire -the future?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I think it may be a tad too small to catch on, but the price is certainly attractive.

As an alternative to E-ink display for book reading, this will have a great IPS screen for glossy magazine browsing.

I assume you mean colour e-paper, as at 80 quid the new Kindle Touch is the best greyscale eBook reader out there.

Is this the end of of the iPad monopoly? The Kindle Fire announced by Amazon today? Amazon Kindle Fire impressions (video) -- Engadget
At £128 its a lot cheaper than its Apple counterpart but is it too limited?

Yet more worthless junk that none of us actually needs.

Made in prison like mega factories (420,000 employees in *1* factory), where people earn $27 a month knocking out things with no real value or use.

I've got the original Kindle and is the once piece of tech that really works well for me.

Downloads books in seconds, easy to read the content - no screen glare, lightweight, correct size, battery life over a month and I never run out of content halfway through a train ride.

Downsides, yes you miss the look and feel of a book & cover, oh and not so good for smashing in the face of your fellow commuters unlike Stephen King's book the Dome.

I assume you mean colour e-paper, as at 80 quid the new Kindle Touch is the best greyscale eBook reader out there.

Colour or monochrome - but proper (ie: foldable) ePaper, with neglgible energy consumption. Once it's been perfected, it will make today's tablets seem prehistoric.

Currently the monochrome e-ink devices have weeks of battery use, folding is another matter entirely though.

Yet more worthless junk that none of us actually needs.

Made in prison like mega factories (420,000 employees in *1* factory), where people earn $27 a month knocking out things with no real value or use.

These gadgets can be really useful communications tools for those who have suffered brain damage due to strokes or head injuries.

Been thinking of getting something for the kids to stop them pestering me for my phone. This looks like it should fit the bill.

I've just been away for 10 days holiday. In that time, I've read 8 books.

In paperback, they would have cost me a fortune in excess baggage. On my kindle, they fitted, together with a hundred or so more, in the back pocket of my jeans.

With the 3G "whispernet", I could even browse and buy books from my stool at the bar of the cruise ship, while we were docked in Casablanca.

The e-ink screen was perfectly clear even in direct sunlight, and as the light faded, I could enlarge the text size to avoid straining my eyes.

IMHO, the Kindle is the best gadget for years.

Is this the end of of the iPad monopoly? The Kindle Fire announced by Amazon today? Amazon Kindle Fire impressions (video) -- Engadget
At £128 its a lot cheaper than its Apple counterpart but is it too limited?

Not £128 but $199 which will convert to £199. For that money I think it looks expensive when it doesn't have a webcam or microphone and no Android Market either. At the moment you can get a similar spec tablet with the above for £150.

David

Its affordable and I guess is somewhere bewteen the kindle and ipad (or similar)

Yes a larger screen would be nice, but so far the reviews and clips I have seen look good.

Price point is great, just over a tank of fuel for a gadget. Your right maybe no one needs its but if we all thought that we would not have progressed from a fred flinstone car... all these gadgets are great in my book. more more more.

2008-3-21_FlintstoneWeb-Large.jpg

How will that work in the bog then?

Is this Andrex doomed I wonder?

Andrex was doomed from the point where they started advertising with virtual puppies. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom