Kit Kat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

artyman

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Kia E-Niro ex C 200 CDI Sport
I'm sure most of us are partial to this confection, but I've just learnt that Nestle are going to rip up the Fair Trade Agreement that hey currently have with the cocoa suppliers.

If you think that a company that made profits in the billions should treat people fairly then visit this site and sign the petition.

Didn't realise they did that... it's a shame. I have some familiarity with Cocoa processing in the Ivory Coast.

More detailed info here:

The only is no way, no kit kats for me.

Didn't realise they did that... it's a shame. I have some familiarity with Cocoa processing in the Ivory Coast.

More detailed info here:

I worked on (world bank sponsored) the construction of a sugar refinery there in the 70's......I was then asked if I'd like to stay on as part of the maintenance management team. I politely declined. It was a pretty wild place back then and I didn't enjoy my time there. We, along with the cocoa planters, blithely cut huge swathes of the jungle away in those days.

Signed and shared with 15000 -44000 colleagues also facing loss of earnings.

It’s a difficult one. I certainly don’t understand the full implications of Nestle’s move, in particular the short-term v long-term impacts. The results of uncontrolled deforestation over the years are all too evident, but so are the struggles faced by those trying to make a living. Can’t Fairtrade and the Rainforest Alliance work together?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom