Kit17's W204 C320cdi with Mods

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kit17

Car
W205 C63
Hello everyone!

I've wrote a few different threads since having my car and rather than start another one I thought it would be better to have it all on one as I have a few other things I want to do it in the future :)

Picked it up in March '12 after my W203 was written off:(

Attachments

• P1010250 (1024x768) (2).jpg
    P1010250 (1024x768) (2).jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:
First up was the Carlsson DRL's

Attachments

• ttsc3202.jpg
    ttsc3202.jpg
    239 KB · Views: 160
Yesterday had a Hi-Gloss Black wrap put on the front splitter!

Attachments

• P1010537.jpg
    P1010537.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 160
  • P1010540.jpg
    P1010540.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 132
  • P1010541.jpg
    P1010541.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 140
Side View

Attachments

• P1010543.jpg
    P1010543.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 131
Killerhertz's LED side light bulbs

Attachments

• IMAG0106.jpg
    IMAG0106.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 134
Was looking at some of them for my e class. Are they 'Plug'n'play"?

Great looking car, like the modifications you have done so far.

I don't know if these are compatible with your car but just thought I'd send you the link and see if you like them.

Mercedes Benz C-Class W204 2008-2011 DRL LED Projector Headlights Black | eBay

Hi Chelle,

Thanks for your comments! it's nice of you to say so :thumb:

I've seen those Headlights before and tbh I'm never quite sure about them, they have Halo's which is a BMW thing and then DRL's under the headlight which is very Audi :ban:, plus they aren't Bi-Xenon which mine are. Any more suggestions are welcome though :)

Was looking at some of them for my e class. Are they 'Plug'n'play"?

If your talking about the Carlsson DRL's - pretty much yes although I think you may have to swap a connector over and cut away some of the bumper on the inside, I'm not exactly sure as I had a bodyshop fit them.

Hi Chelle,

Thanks for your comments! it's nice of you to say so :thumb:

I've seen those Headlights before and tbh I'm never quite sure about them, they have Halo's which is a BMW thing and then DRL's under the headlight which is very Audi :ban:, plus they aren't Bi-Xenon which mine are. Any more suggestions are welcome though :)

Didn't realise they didn't have the Bi-Xenons on them, I can understand the headlights seem like a mix and match of different cars headlights.

If I come across anything for your car will send it your way.

My only suggestions are have you thought about changing your front grill and your alloys?

My only suggestions are have you thought about changing your front grill and your alloys?

I have indeed and i'm still undecided on whether I prefer the c63 look grille or not. They do look good though!

As for the alloys, the car came with 4 brand new conti 3's on it so it seems a bit of a waste to change them so soon. Also you do get a better ride on 17's, I do about 12k a year (mostly B roads) so comfort and tyre price is a consideration, also i've got the Dynamic Handling Package on mine so I don't think I would gain too much from having wider, smaller profile rubber in terms of the handling (in fact I think having wider rubber would make the steering a bit slower - I might be wrong on this though). Having said that I wouldn't rule out a set of 18's if they came up on ebay at the right price and keep the 17's for winter tyres as theres no doubt they do look better.

I have indeed and i'm still undecided on whether I prefer the c63 look grille or not. They do look good though!

As for the alloys, the car came with 4 brand new conti 3's on it so it seems a bit of a waste to change them so soon. Also you do get a better ride on 17's, I do about 12k a year (mostly B roads) so comfort and tyre price is a consideration, also i've got the Dynamic Handling Package on mine so I don't think I would gain too much from having wider, smaller profile rubber in terms of the handling (in fact I think having wider rubber would make the steering a bit slower - I might be wrong on this though). Having said that I wouldn't rule out a set of 18's if they came up on ebay at the right price and keep the 17's for winter tyres as theres no doubt they do look better.

I think a C63 grille with black and chrome would look great on your car, especially since you did the high gloss black wrap.
I have come across a couple of nice AMG 17' alloys, I don't know what your price range is. I can send you the links for them and you can check them out.

I think your car would look great with the c63 grille.

I went to find the link and I just realised the person is only selling one alloy :/

Have you considered getting your alloys painted?

please help with w204 headlight not working after hid installation

After installing an after market hid on my 2008 c220, only one was working. Now both wouldnt work. I have changed it back to the original bulbs but still wouldnt work. really need some help as i work nights and cant use the car. thanks

Hi there guys,

really nice work you've done to your MB kit17! And Chelle really nice C220 you've got there!

I'm working on my C320 CDI at the moment and will post before and after photos in about a month or so when I've installed my AMG body kit, rims, grille and hood. I was wondering does the quietness of the desiel bother you guys at all? (it really does bother me :( ).
Have you guys done any exhaust or any other modifications to adjust or produce a deeper sounding car?

thanks in advance.

Hi jhaj8516,

Thanks for your comments, I've since added some C63 wheels, it's on my Album if you are interested in taking a look :) I can't help on the exhaust front I'm afraid, as I haven't had the chance to hear an uprated one but I've seen posts from members that have had them fitted to E320 cdi's and from what they have said they sound nice. I believe CKS performance do them, it might be worth looking on You Tube for some clips. I personally like the smooth and quiet nature of the C320 cdi especially when you compare it to the 4 pot but it's all down to personal choice of course.

I look forward to seeing your pics!!

regards

kit17

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom