Kleeman c63 amg estate 570bhp

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Out of my price range so academic but dont the engine in these things have a problem without mods?

Looks pretty awesome and this guy has spent some serious money on Mods.
(Like the idea of the facelift grille mmmm)

Out of my price range so academic but dont the engine in these things have a problem without mods?

The 6.2 has proven to be a very robust performance engine.

Watchcame430 said:

Nope.

Last edited:
Customisation - Facelift Grille, Black roof rails/window surrounds, Callipers in Lamborghini orange along with badges, tinted windows, mesh lights(legal). just under, AMG bonnet badge and steering wheel badge £5000.00

£5,000. Really?

He like buying stuff that costs £5000, I do like the car and how it looks though.

Every other car on the road seems to be a C63, if they were bad we would have the forum full of posts every day about them.

Every other car on the road seems to be a C63, if they were bad we would have the forum full of posts every day about them.

I don't see many ... One a week if I am lucky. I drive 25k miles a year so get about.

Pots of em around here , estate agents and middle management love em !

I travel around the new forest, Hampshire, Surrey and a bit of london and see one most days...
Can't see your location on my phone but I am very surprised.

I'm sure someone can provide us with C63 sales figures for the last 2 years. I'm sure they're not insignificant

https://www.mercedes-benz-media.co....EW+CAR+REGISTRATIONS+HIT+102,044+YEAR+TO+DATE

Over 1500 registered in 2013. It's a 5 year old car now so many problems would be popping up by now.

They are popping up .... I posted links to a few I found with little looking.

I just checked and there is about 9k sold in the UK (4k in 2013)

How Many Left?

Still way too many examples of engine problems though ... You don't see feedback like that on most cars. I have seen stories many many times on UK and US forums.

Faulty head bolts apparently ...
http://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204/468593-c63-head-bolts-engine-repair.html

Last edited:
The law suit came to nothing.

The head bolts were redesigned after some failures.

Both the collapsed law suit and the revised bolts are also well documented.

The 6.2 has proven to be a very robust performance engine.

Hmm
My pal had two of them one after the other. First one went pop. Then the second one went pop.
I do believe that this was very unfortunate.
Early engine defects are not a secret.

We rebuilt 8 last year and i have one in the garage to get done.

We rebuilt 8 last year and i have one in the garage to get done.

Would you say they are more or less reliable than other Merc engines in the range then?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom