Kleemann remap: C300 CDI?

Discussion in 'AMG Lounge' started by Anders, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Anders

Anders Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    ‘14 BMW X5 M50D
    I am considering a Kleemann remap, as I will be driving to Denmark later this week and could have it done at the Kleemann HQ in Copenhagen.

Was quoted an increase in bhp and torque of 20 %, at a cost of 800 euro + VAT (25 % in Denmark, ouch!), 1000 euro in total.

Now, I appreciate that this is very expensive for a remap, but has anyone actually any experience with Kleemann for remaps?

2. OP
    OP
    Anders

Car:
    ‘14 BMW X5 M50D
  3. ACID@MSL

ACID@MSL Authorised Forum Sponsor Authorised Forum Sponsor

Car:
    C63 Supercharged Stage 3 and E63s Estate
  4. flango

flango MB Club Veteran

Car:
    Mercedes SLK R171
    I would have thought Denmark would be the last place you would get anything done to a car anything motoring related is far more expensive than it's European neighbours and VAT as you point out is verging on criminal. There used to be a place in Maastricht that did Kleeman stuff maybe you could get it remapped there if its close. I know Maastricht is not in Belgium but its very close depending where abouts in Belgium you are

5. marc.l

marc.l Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    E55 wagon
    I have spent a lot of time in DK , the price of cars makes you shudder , some have 100% import duty and 25% vat on top . When I looked at moving and taking the e55 with me they told me the duty payable was on the new price rather than the current value !
    Best of all was the price of a 4 pack of Guiness , saw it on the shelf , converted the price to £ in my head and did not think it was too bad @ £5.50. It was £5.50 a tin , £22 for a four pack !!!
    So guys if you have a mid life crisss, don't run off with a 30 year old Dane !!!

6. OP
    OP
    Anders

Car:
    ‘14 BMW X5 M50D
    Just to take this further OT ;) : one of the reasons I left Denmark was exactly because of the car prices. The tax is 180 % on new cars, which means you basically get 1 car but pay for 3. Beer (domestic at least), is however cheap, with a 30 bottle box of Carlsberg costing as little as £9. Imported beer may be more expensive.