Knackered!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisEdu

MB Enthusiast
Car
E320CDi Estate - gone E320CDi Saloon - written off CLS 350CDi Coupé
Absolutely knackered! Just spent the entire afternoon cleaning my car. Pre-rinse; snow foam; 2 bucket wash method; clay bar; rinse; wash again with a ceramic suds shampoo; clean with a panel wipe solution; finally apply silicon coating spray and buff off! Haven't even touched the wheels, tyres or interior!😒

Absolutely knackered! Just spent the entire afternoon cleaning my car. Pre-rinse; snow foam; 2 bucket wash method; clay bar; rinse; wash again with a ceramic suds shampoo; clean with a panel wipe solution; finally apply silicon coating spray and buff off! Haven't even touched the wheels, tyres or interior!😒
Pictures buddy :rolleyes:

Pictures buddy :rolleyes:
Too dark. I was literally trying to finish as the sun set, so goodness knows if the coating will have taken. If not, I'll trying again after Xmas, as I'm not going to be in any state to do anything now for several days!

I take it you polished the car after the clay buddy??

I take it you polished the car after the clay buddy??
I washed it back down to remove clay residue, then panel prep and silicon treatment.20201220_222925.jpg

Last edited:
OH, ideally you should be claying and then polishing to remove the marring from the clay

Esp if you didn't use a fallout remover before the clay as will have added more marring.

Then panel prep then coating.

OH, ideally you should be claying and then polishing to remove the marring from the clay

Esp if you didn't use a fallout remover before the clay as will have added more marring.

Then panel prep then coating.
Live and learn. To be fair, there was no way I'd have had time to polish too. When the weather is nicer, and daylight hours longer, I intend doing a machine polish. For now though, the car looks pretty good.

Good stuff buddy, we can all learn new tips and methods buddy

Good stuff buddy, we can all learn new tips and methods buddy
Trouble with trying to do a 'proper' job on the W211, it would take at least two days, and I just don't have the health to be able to spend that amount of time working on it.
As it is, I'm in bed today with a migraine and feeling completely shattered from what I did on the car yesterday. ☹

The E is a big car. I only realise how big it is when I have to work on a golf or something like that and you're done in half the time.

There are some things like chairs with wheels that can be really helpful for saving your back when working on the sides of the car. If you want to be out washing your car more often it might be worth investing in one of these.

Trouble with trying to do a 'proper' job on the W211, it would take at least two days, and I just don't have the health to be able to spend that amount of time working on it.
As it is, I'm in bed today with a migraine and feeling completely shattered from what I did on the car yesterday. ☹
Same old issue Chris. Exerting yourself to gain a mental buzz only to be kicked senseless by a physical battering. It’s a p!sser that doing something many people take for granted can and does result in a relapse.
Never mind mate. Be proud that you achieved a tough task. 👍👏🙏🥳

It'll ne dirty again now, having driven to hospital for my Covid test.

Water still beading off really well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom