Knife wielding driver - to report or not?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
"And you get a new car."

Now i'm starting to think this might be a good idea! lol

truth is; he probably didn't know what else to say; and had wound himself up to the point where he thought he'd say whatever was most likely to hurt... if i was a white guy; he would have probably said something about my mother...lol

I have started putting my car in the garage due to the private plates, partly so if he were driving past; he wouldn't spot them ( i changed my car for a newer E280 W211 shortly after this purely by chance; but the plates are a giveaway)...

Seen that first clip tons of times... always love how the other guy carefully closes the gate!

Ha Ha! yes, almost as if "don't worry mate I am harder than the other guy you just knocked out, I am locking you back in" but at the same time a bit of mutual respect as he doesn't want to get his ass whooped too!

Hehe, yeah.

I kind of see it as "Please excuse my friend, he is a ****. Allow me to clear this mess (him) away. I'm sorry we disturbed you sir, have a nice day".

I kind of see it as "Please excuse my friend, he is a ****. Allow me to clear this mess (him) away. I'm sorry we disturbed you sir, have a nice day".

Agreed. Some respect shown there.

I was threatened by a mad van man who claimed I had cut him up.

He followed me (I the simpleton thought he was going the same way lol) then when I stopped at a pizza place he swerved in front to block my escape and came out shaking his fist at me.
I dialed 999. He was goading me to get out of the car. Called me a F#%k*+g Pa$i C#%t and told me to go back to where I came from.
the police heard it all. (yippee for the MB phone pre- wiring)
He was arrested later and went to court.
In an informal chat at a council meeting ( I'm a local parish councillor) I was told he was a BNP self styled hardman, and had been fined almost 1000£ including court costs...
Now...
I've seen him on 3 other occasions when I've been out with the wife and kids, he's given me the look and the 'I'm watching u gesture', and made a big show on one occasion of driving past slowly and noting my car reg...
This left me a little uneasy. The police said they can't do anything because he hasn't actually done anything. So now I'm very uneasy and very angry at finding myself in a vulnerable position because there is nothing I can do.
In a different life, he might have woken up with his gonadds lopped off, but I appreciate we live in a civilised country now and we must live by the rules of the land:-(
at the moment he's just a thug looking for trouble and an opportunity...
And I'm driving around uneasy and a little scared for the safety of my kids n wife.
On hindsight maybe I shouldn't have reported it...

No, well done for reporting it. My guess is he's a BNP wannabe but thought by using the verbal abuse in the way that he did there would be no comeback and there would be another 'foreigner' who would be told to go back home :rolleyes: He's now trying the 'gesture' what we call 'snarling' here in Liverpool mostly carried out by scallies here or Chavs as they are known elsewhere. Snarling rarely does anything except attempt to initiate some kind of response, be it a look of fear in some way. I would not be overly concerned about this racist scrote as far as you know that he has been prosecuted and he won't really go beyond snarling at you. Walk with your head held high :thumb:

Needs reporting - although Police are limited to what they can do -"his word against yours" -but worth it just to make him suffer incovenience
Given the type of driver he is i doubt if car (esp if it is old) is registered or insured
Easy to say in hindsight - but best to smile at any aggression -or give a gay-ish wave back.
Or if you're feeling really dandy , blow a kiss and say "Chase me ducky!"
:)

Last edited:
The misses and I have been noticing the poor driving standards and more importantly bad attitudes of people on the roads.

Road rage is one thing but this is a very serious situation. If this had happened to my wife and she was in the same situation I would report to the police without a doubt. The chances are if the guy remembers your car your card is marked anyhow.

He will think twice about going for you if he has already been reported. And if he did by chance come across you again and attempt to intimidate you your options would be much greater as you would be in favour with the police.

Run him down when you haven't reported him and you will most probably be charged and possibly go to prison. If you had previously reported the guy for unprovoked attempted assault with a dangerous weapon then they will look at the situation in a very different light.

Run him down when you haven't reported him and you will most probably be charged and possibly go to prison. If you had previously reported the guy for unprovoked attempted assault with a dangerous weapon then they will look at the situation in a very different light.

Especially if you get his knife stuck in your tyre while he's down there...

About 10 years ago I was out on a picnic with my family minding my own business and having a good time. Suddenly a man sitting about 20 feet away, similarly picnicking with his family jumped up, ran to us, said something along the lines of you bloody Americans (we aren't!), and hit me. Not particularly hard, no real damage, more disbelief and surprise.

He then ran back to his car, chased his family into it and buggered off at speed. I was gobsmacked, but got his reg no, just in case. My kids were scared, and my wife incandescent. A couple sitting next to us volunterred their names and phone number if I needed a witness.

The boss said I had to report it to the police, I was less willing, but he'd scared my kids. So I phoned the police and reported it, bugger all happened, someone would come out to see me to take a statement. Which they didn't. I phoned the police, and said why no statement, and got some waffle about no evidence, and hard to prove, so no action. That miffed me.

I went to my local police station (encouraged by the boss) to winge about the inaction. A sgt. said my call went through to traffic, and they aren''t good with follow up and non-traffic stuff, and would get it sorted.

Which he did, with style. A local policeman turned up, took a statement, was delighted there were witnesses, told me the guy was 'well known' and was I prepared to appear as a witness. Yup.

Within a couple of weeks he was charged, the independent witnesses had done their bit, and more charges had surfaced.

He got 4 years, for about 7 or 8 assaults, including mine, a couple were much worse.

There were no repercussions at all.

So, yes, report the knife wielding maniac, and push the police to take it seriously if they try and sidestep.

Was your wife incandescent because you were accused of being an American?^^ :)

The anti -American unprovoked assault and the other 7/8 assaults shows to me someone with clinicically diagnosed mental health issues.
Regarding possible revenge by attacker lets bear in mind there are people putting their lives on the line in the name of freedom ,justice and liberty in the world's most oppressive regimes.People who fear a dreaded knock on the door at night from the state police and end up beaten and buggered- and those are the lucky ones

report it... otherwise his next victim may not live to be able to.

+1 for reporting it.

It's extremely unlikely you'll ever see this idiot again and if you do you have a crime reference to quote...

The knife adds the extra dynamic which means you have to report it.
The Police view that the same as brandishing a Gun AFAIK will be taken seriously and they will go and follow up with a visit to the registered address. If the van is there with the knife near the drivers seat "his goose is cooked"!

I entirely understand why you haven't already reported it but it needs to go on your list of things to do.
It's happened to me more than once. on the first occasion I reported it to the Police and the guy's employer (my genius foe did the same in a sign written van) Missed the reg the second time, 225BHP vs clapped out sherpa and a clear road, bye!

These sort of idiots don't bother me though they are 99/100 times deficient unhappy people.

Like that self styled BNP fool someone mentioned in the thread they all "Talk the Talk" If he was going to do something he would have, he noted your reg number to intimidate you

I agree 100% with the majority of posters here - report it with full details. While it is natural to worry about repercussions, the chances of those are much more remote than the chances of this bullyboy thug repeating it time and time again if he is allowed to get away with it.

You've got to report, even if nothing is done on this ocassion it's a mark on his card so if anything happens like this in the future it will be taken seriously.

These people are thugs and bullys. They survive on the fact people are scared or unwilling to report them.

I personally prefer the Ray Winstone approach, but I also appreciate my own liberty and these days you're never sure what would become of you if you dealt with it yourself.

Strangely though, the big mouths are the ones you rarely have to worry about, they are mostly hot air and threats.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom