Knocking from front end

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scooby2306

Car
W639 vito
Hi sorry to bother you guys new to thus so bare with me I have a vito w639 10 plate I had a knocking coming from front drivers side when on rough road or uneven road so I've changed over time top mount and top mount bearing front strut anti roll bar bushes track rod end and track control arm lower wishbone with bushes link arms ive even put the new strut to passenger side to see if that makes a difference but no the knocking is still there any ideas sorry for long winded post

Did you jack the front and tried to find the source of the knocking? Or just replaced all these parts

The sound was more top mount area now ive also tried by jacking it up on the wishbone and bouncing it up and down and I can't hear a noise its only while moving wheel bearings are all fine so I've been changing parts one by one to try and eliminate it but too no avail

Removing the drop link takes minutes and can then be easily checked.
don't replace with cheapo's.

Thanks for that will try and see the ones I fitted I got from a Motor factors so they weren't cheap but not expensive the cheap ones where on ebay

T'other way is to ask an MOT station to put it on the rattle pad up on the lift.
Although I did have a tester mis diagnose once it's probably the best way to stress the components and find free play. Unfortunately it's not bouncing it though.

Okay thanks at this rate it won't be long before it has a new front end

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom