Knocking from the rear

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GillyC63

Car
C63
Hi all
2012 C204 C63 has got a knocking/rattling noise from the rear, audible over level roads but more so on uneven roads, not a clunking noise & doesn't knock going over speed humps.
Have removed toolkit & spare wheel but the noise remains.
Does anyone have any idea what could be the problem?
Thanks in advance for any pointers.

Hi all
2012 C204 C63 has got a knocking/rattling noise from the rear, audible over level roads but more so on uneven roads, not a clunking noise & doesn't knock going over speed humps.
Have removed toolkit & spare wheel but the noise remains.
Does anyone have any idea what could be the problem?
Thanks in advance for any pointers.
Exhaust mount broken , broken spring , drop links ? Deflected sound from the front ?

Check the boot rubber stops are in contact when it's down. I removed rear shelf on my e class and trim then I thought it was the pan roof!. Very annoying noise only work out it was the boot.

Rattling noise can be the cats disintegrating, can you post a recording of the sound ?

Rattling noise can be the cats disintegrating, can you post a recording of the sound ?

Really is weird, no noise at all yesterday. Local garage jacked the car up today, had a good nose & everything appears spot on but the noise was there while driving! Will try & get a recording tomorrow.

Turns out it was part no 180 on the pic, it was loose & rattling, tightened up & no more noise.2A315D44-140B-4C91-AF0A-C2D31F92C661.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom