Knocking noise from brakes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

00ormes

Car
2010 Mercedes E250 W212
Hi all,

Ive recently discovered a knocking noise coming from my 2010 w212 e250 from the front end of my car.:wallbash:
After reading quite a few threads i found there wasn't much out there matching my fault and its symptoms.

The knocking stopped when applying the brakes and seemed** to go when i sped up.

The fault was ill fitted pads which the dealer is changing and is now also replacing the two front disks :banana:

Hopefully this video helps anyone with the same issue.
(The microphone slightly picks up the knocking)

[YOUTUBE HD][/YOUTUBE HD]https://youtu.be/Zo44dVamgxg[YOUTUBE HD][/YOUTUBE HD]

who ill fitted them in the 1st place ??

I had exactly the same issue with pads from ECPs for the rear which had pad carriers about .8mm shorter than the originals. So when you touch the brake it'd click as the pad is smacked to it's upmost position, then it'd relax down again ready for the next time.

It got very annoying and really ruined the "luxury" feel of the car until I figured it out and fixed it, felt nice again to have silent brakes.

As above ,metal backing material on the pads is not the same size as the caliper slot .So it will move up or down on brake application, or like i had once , as the pad material had come away from the backing plate .

who ill fitted them in the 1st place ??

It was a service centre in liverpool. They've done everything to sort it so can't fault them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom