Knocking Sound when turning left !!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cs68ML350

Car
ML350 AMG Sport
Looking for some advice, I own a 2014 ML350 and when I turn left and uphill while accelerating I’m hearing a slight knocking/tapping sound which I think at times I feel through the steering wheel. The annoying thing is I can only get it to do it at one junction in particular, weird !!! Anyway any advice/ideas on what it could be would be appreciated.

Looking for some advice, I own a 2014 ML350 and when I turn left and uphill while accelerating I’m hearing a slight knocking/tapping sound which I think at times I feel through the steering wheel. The annoying thing is I can only get it to do it at one junction in particular, weird !!! Anyway any advice/ideas on what it could be would be appreciated.
Possibly droplinks or driveshafts maybe. Wheel off and ivestigation is best.

Normally if it is a driveshaft it would clonk on full lock without fail.

The droplinks can be an intemittant clonk depending on how they are being stressed.

Driveshafts did cross my mind. Thanks I’ll get the wheels off and investigate
Hey, did you ever get to the bottom of this, I have exactly the same issue, I can feel it through the pedals and wheel, but weirdly it's only when accelerating and only when turning up hill, it's really odd, I've had the diff and tranfer case oils changed and checked and the CV joint changed on the right, but to no avail!

Hey, did you ever get to the bottom of this, I have exactly the same issue, I can feel it through the pedals and wheel, but weirdly it's only when accelerating and only when turning up hill, it's really odd, I've had the diff and tranfer case oils changed and checked and the CV joint changed on the right, but to no avail!
The op was a 2 hit wonder buddy , last seen 2 years ago ;)

The op was a 2 hit wonder buddy , last seen 2 years ago ;)
Anyone ever discover the root cause of this thumping noise ? I have a similar /soundissue on my2013 ML350 Bluetec (4matic) and can’t get to the bottom of it. Maybe a wheel bearing? Maybe nothing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom