Know of a C-class Estate Boot Tray/Protector?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

team_edition

I'm looking for a plastic (or rubber) boot tray/protector that slides into the boot of a C-class estate (September 04 model). I've searched the web but can't find anything.

On my wifes old 5-series touring it came with a great plastic tray that was obviously made for the car and was a great way of protecting the boot from all the usual muddy pushchairs and shoes/boots that get put in there. It not only covered the floor but also the sides and was like sliding a three-sided box into the boot. Picture what I mean?

Any ideas where I can find one for her new C-class estate?

Thanks, in advance.

Costco sell a large sized floor mat with ribbings and an upturn of about 1" all round. They are about £10 - £12 each. I've got one for my E320 estate W124.

Thanks for the reply.

I think I can picture the kind you mean and it sounds similar to the Connor one they do in Halfords which is rubber and you cut it to size.

However, I'm really looking for something with full sides to it. In the old 5-series it had sides of about 10" which meant that the wheels of a muddy buggy or pushchair wouldn't mark the sides of the boot and not just the bottom.

Does Mercedes or anyone else manufacture a similar kind?

I "borrowed" a W123 estate rubber boot mat and then i trimmed it to fit my C class estate. A stanley blade did the job.

I have a full sized bootliner from www.hatchbag.co.uk it is made from a very heavy duty plastic/fabric materia, the colour exactly matches the interior and it prevents dog hairs and mud sticking to the carpetl. It fits perfectly in the boot of the estate covering all the sides and the back of the seat. MB do a rigid plastic version for the old C-class so I expect they also do the same for the new one.

Thanks for all the input. I looked at the website you kindly gave and they look good but I've been used to a rigid plastic type that just pulls out and gets washed down then slid back in again. I've attached a pic this time to assist.

So you think MB do sell something like this then?

3f_12_sb.JPG

There's a semi-rigid liner made by http://www.bootsuit.co.uk/

This is a flat sheet with scored hinges so that all four sides fold up, containing any water or mud that you might have.

If you go to their Buy Now page, you'll see the different models for which they are available. Cost usually seems to be under £50. You'd probably want to find out high the four sides are, to make sure that your buggy's sheels hit the sides of the Bootsuit, and not the car upholstery.

Forrest

Forrest,

That's an excellent recommendation and I've just ordered one online. Looks to be just the ticket and sensibly priced compared with a Mercedes solution, assuming they even do one! Good website too - recommend others look at it if they need something similar.

Cheers.

Richard.

I just checked with a friend of mine who fiddles with mercs... Im surprised! hes said he knows they make it, but cannot find it anywhere. That said, if you're handy with fibreglass, you COULD put masking tape in your boot, use it as a mould and remove the whole thing and have a custom made rigid boot protector...
Spinal

There are a couple of boot trays available for the 203 estate:

B6 629 4711, protective rubber mat - £41
B6 664 8052, boot tray shallow - £52
B6 664 8302, boot tray tall - £111

I think the tall one has more of a lip around the edges. These part no's are from the current accessories brochure for the 203 series saloon, hatch & estate. The part no's above are specific for the estate.

Hope this helps...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom