kompressor engines...what could have been!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dan210988

Car
Saab Aero(H.O.T)
my friend is thinking of getting a clk200 kompressor...wants something fast and different to a civic,subaru, ricers etc...

i am trying to tell him that "kompressor" does not equate to rocket ship!!...maybe a remapped 230 would do the job but in general is there really a whole lot of difference?!!:dk:

this has me thinking that I am just a bit dissappointed that mercedes never truly extracted the full potential of supercharging technology into their factory production models

i.e c180k=143bhp

c200k=161bhp

IMAGINE a c240v6 with a kompressor system or a 280 etc....

i had 2 c230k's and i was after a fast merc that wouldnt shag me over the insurance....i loved them both but after getting past the boy racer age group i decided id put my heart above my head and take ownership of a c36 with 286-290bhp.....there is simply NO COMPARISON whatsoever...SERIOUS SERIOUS CAR when you put the foot to the switch

thats my rant over but the point is do you guys feel the same as me with regard to production line kompressor's?!!:rock:

I have the 230K in my w202 c-class and I adore it. Maybe i'm still at the boy racer stage but the engine does have some pep to it and I absolutely do not mind the "lawner mower" noise of the supercharger or the roughness of the 4 cylinder.

I added a BMC filter and remapped the ECU with Upsolute so it's a tad bit faster and smoother than how they came from the factory. 0-60mph comes up in 7.3 seconds which makes it still relevant with today's low-end luxury sport sedans. Also the styling of the w202 is still very beautiful!

I am just a bit dissappointed that mercedes never truly extracted the full potential of supercharging technology into their factory production models

The SL55 and CL55 (both supercharged) had 493 bhp ...

Not forgetting the V6 Kompressor units that were in the C32 and SLK32s which were somewhere around 350bhp?

Indeed. And the E55 had the supercharged V8.

I'm quite happy with the Kompressor engine in my car.

get two blockers for the loom and replace and clean

i can get you the part number if you want it

I reckon member BrabusK8 (ACID) must have been a little dissappointed with his production kompressor too as he had to modify his E55 to even get it with a gnat's whisker of 0-60mph in 4 seconds.

Expect more of the same as engine manufacturers sacrifice engine capacity in favour of forced induction in the name of economy. The new CLS has a turbocharged 4 cylinder diesel in its line up for example which would have been sacrilege a few years back.

wasn't the SLR supercharged as well?
Yep, same block as you'd find in a 208/210 55 in fact only thanks to 'charging it's about twice the power output :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom