Kompressor or not?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The manual says the emmisions are 222-229 g/km.The DVLA website changes the tax band at 226 g/km.

The V5 says 229 g/km.

The DVLA site says the c230 is 221 g/km.Do you think they go by there own figures?

Mines the Avantgarde sports pack.

They will go by what is on your V5, in your case its 229/km.

Portzy.

okay i have found yours now co2 is 229 according to parkers.
i guess if you got the c230k with the 1.8 engine, you would have had more or less the same performance, with less tax to pay

The manual says the emmisions are 222-229 g/km.The DVLA website changes the tax band at 226 g/km.

The V5 says 229 g/km.

The DVLA site says the c230 is 221 g/km.Do you think they go by there own figures?

Mines the Avantgarde sports pack.

The V5 is what you will get taxed on. :(

Not really fair to compare it with the BMW, they are so far ahead at the moment when it comes to engines and emmisions, but Mercedes will catch up as they are meant to be using a lot more superchargers and turbos in future models.

The 330i is pretty amazing, 272bhp, 39mpg (and over 2 days I got 38mpg and nearly 500 miles from a tank) it gets to 60mph in 6 seconds and has emissions of only 173 for both the manual and the auto. Sweet, sweet engine too with a sublime sounding exhaust note too.

Isn't Mercedes bringing some twin turbo 4 pot engines out?? This should give the needed power for everyday and keep the consumption and emissions down.

That is why the first thing i check on my cars now is the band. you will be surprised how a few numbers can cost so much more.

The 335i is even better. 3.0 biturbo over 300bhp and only 210 for co2

Is that avantgarde or sport? sport will have 6 spoke alloys and an AMG front air scoop and a rear lip spoiler. avantgarde will have 5 spoke alloys
They go by the V5.

It's avantgarde with the sports upgrade.ie the 3 spoke steering wheel,vented front discs,upgraded suspension etc.

That is why the first thing i check on my cars now is the band. you will be surprised how a few numbers can cost so much more.

The 335 is even better. 3.0 biturbo over 300bhp

I still have 6 days until the 30 days is up.I'm really considering returning it but i really love the car.It's such a beautiful car to drive.

yep the V6 is designed to be smooth and the power comes in gradually so good for cruising, unlike the kompressor which comes in hard, fast and furious.
similar power different delivery methods.
I guess merc do not want to be mistaken for an evo.

The 335i is even better. 3.0 biturbo over 300bhp and only 210 for co2

Problem is the 335i is only 26mpgn average real world compared to the 35mpg real world of the 330i, and in some ways not as fun to drive.

If you returned it and got yourself a kompressor you will be happy you did it... its alot more fun when you want a 'spirited' drive then an N/A engine :).

Took delivery of a 5k Nov 07 180k Sport Est on Friday to replace my 11 year old C200 Sp Est that i had owned for 9 years. What a difference!Think i'm going to like this...

If you returned it and got yourself a kompressor you will be happy you did it... its alot more fun when you want a 'spirited' drive then an N/A engine :).

Or get a V8 ;)

400 NM of torque from the 430 ( i have just found out ) , now that does allow for a very spirited drive ....

Or get a V8 ;)

400 NM of torque from the 430 ( i have just found out ) , now that does allow for a very spirited drive ....

A V8 is a whole new league of expense and maintenance compared to a forced induction 4 cyl N/A ;) . But yes i agree... i sat in bobby's c43 the other day and i loved it... those engines are really happy to woft along at cruise speeds and really pull when u need it to.

Thing is though, it didnt feel a whole lot torquey than mine, it definately had more torque... but it didnt feel like much more.. but then again... he didnt get a chance to show me what it can really do... damn traffic and wet surface... :(.

You're in Hampton Wick , aren't you ?

I'll pop over one lunchtime , and you can have a ride in mine , only a 430 not a 43 ;) , but you'll get the idea ...

I'll have a look in the handbook later what the torque figures are for the 230k if you like .

I live in Hounslow and work in uxbridge but we could arrange something on a weekend, that would be great (and i'll show u what its like in mine!), when i showed bobby i could see him gripping his knees when i floored it.. ;).

You have to remember that my c230k isn't considered stock anymore because i've got a minimal restriction exhaust system (no silencers, high performance high-flow HKS cats to the c36 backbox). I dyno'ed it at 221bhp(crank) and 314nm at 3700rpm (which is really strange), but the C43 has 410nm!! i really want to see what its like when it gets floored..

I still have 6 days until the 30 days is up.I'm really considering returning it but i really love the car.It's such a beautiful car to drive.

The V6 will give a smooth, refined power. The Kompressor will give similar power but better economy. As Recycled & Rage say, the Kompressor sound/response can be fun.
In otherwise similar cars the only difference is likely to be the sound( neither unpleasant in their different ways) & throttle response/feedback.
The tax is higher on V6 & economy worse- increasingly important considerations these days. Also the servicing costs/parts may be different- check with dealer. Additionally they may be in different insurance brackets?

When I bought my car the 320 V6 came out shorly after. I was initially annoyed the dealer did not tell me about it as I would have gone for the 320. However, in retrospect I am pleased I did not as I have benefitted from greater economy for 5yrs and my car is in the lower tax bracket.

Has your current car got all you want on it? If not, then you could return it & hold out for a better one with a Kompressor, if you decide you would prefer one

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom