Kompressor......what difference does it make

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

STILL HERE

Recently purchased a w208 clk200 kompressor coupe 2002 with auto box.

Can anyone tell me please,what difference (performance wise) does having the kompressor on my car make as opposed to not having one.?

Also i believe the the newer model w209 (correct me if i am wrong) came out in 2002 with a 1,8 engine,.........is this engine stronger or more economical than my 2 litre ?.

Thanks............Mike

Without the kompressor your car would be weak & lethargic beyond belief.

RH

Same power apparently 163bhp. Later (Sport Models have 184bhp)

Reckon economy will be equivalent (30mpg around town, upto 38mpg cruising)

A non-functioning Kompressor would make performance verrry bad... and its hardly exciting when it does work :D

Whats the cars problem Mike or are you just curious?.

Without the komp it would just be like any other 2 litre car.

Baron i have never driven one but the bhp is quite high and i thought they would be pretty good?

Lynall

Lynall, fun is the best word to describe the performance.

A 200k can't launch itself like its larger engined brethren but accelerates nicely when on the move.

Many thanks for the above comments.
My origonal question was just out of curiosity, as i am quite happy with the car, and did not buy it to go racing, but because i think it looks quietly tasteful, and a major bonus for me was the auto gearbox, and the comfortable leather seats, as i am post op lung cancer, and find driving possible with this car.
Perhaps i now have too much time on my hands, but i spend a lot of my time browsing this and other forums, and find them interesting.(new anorak ordered for next week).
Once again...........................Thanks..............Mike

I feel pretty sure you could buy one in a velvety material to contrast with your cravat off the bay.... :)

Let me just get my coat....

<runs for door>

:eek:

I have decided to back off now as i am in new territory, and can see me getting the full treatment from other forum members, however they may wish also to provide further comment on your knowledge of the rag trade, cravats, and velvets:dk:.
Hope you have not been too caustic in your forum comments in the past, as someone may still remember:bannana:

i am post op lung cancer, and find driving possible with this car.
Perhaps i now have too much time on my hands, but i spend a lot of my time browsing this and other forums, and find them interesting.(new anorak ordered for next week).
Once again...........................Thanks..............Mike

Hi Mike and welcome :thumb:

As previously mentioned, the effect of the kompressor is (loosely) like the difference between driving a 1.6ltr and a 2ltr as far as perfomance goes.

Wishing you well in your recovery.
Regards.

I have decided to back off now as i am in new territory, and can see me getting the full treatment from other forum members, however they may wish also to provide further comment on your knowledge of the rag trade, cravats, and velvets:dk:.
Hope you have not been too caustic in your forum comments in the past, as someone may still remember:bannana:

Welcome! I reckon you will get on just fine here.... ;)

In the meantime, what is your position on manbags? (Longer term members will understand, especially Gucci......) :ban:

Welcome! I reckon you will get on just fine here.... ;)

In the meantime, what is your position on manbags? (Longer term members will understand, especially Gucci......) :ban:

Not having the benefit of longer term members knowlledge of "manbags", i intend to sidestep this one, and categorically deny that i have ever had any association whatsoever with said item, although i have seen them on tv and being sported in Chester High Street by people whom i can only assume are still "trying to find themslves".

Have now cancelled the cheque for the anorak,so that one is dispensed with.

My only contact with velvet was my grandmothers sitting room curtains which when closed could turn a room which was adorned with hundreds of pieces of what she called collectable porcelain into something resmbling a cave .

Last but not least the "cravat", worn to cover up the rope marks around my neck where my wife tried to end my days by strangulation after the surgeon failed miserably in his attempts to do so.:dk:

Have a nice day........................Mike

I have to say , i considered buying a manbag the other day ...

Would save putting it all in my pockets and making me look fatter than i already am ...

Wallet
Car Keys
House Keys
Phone
Vaseline ( for chapped lips ) :rolleyes:
Various other bits and bobs

Gotta be worth a small manbag surely , anyway , i was put off by the price of them when i was in the airport the other day ( £65 for a nice one ) !

Wallet
Car Key
House Key
Phone
Aside from the vaseline (which I have no use for) everything else goes fits nicely in my jeans/trousers. ;)

I have to say , i considered buying a manbag the other day ...

Would save putting it all in my pockets and making me look fatter than i already am ...

Wallet
Car Keys
House Keys
Phone

Gotta be worth a small manbag surely , anyway , i was put off by the price of them when i was in the airport the other day ( £65 for a nice one ) !

Suppose it would make it easier for a mugger or thief to acquire all your possesions in one attempt if they were all together.:bannana:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom