kompressor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sanj

Car
BMW M4 Competition pack & C205 250D AMG line
Sorry for the stupid question but what does "Kompressor" mean ??

I take it this is some form of turbo ?

I have a 240 w202 ....ive noticed some cars have kompressor on the back and some dont ......does this mean they are underpowered in some way ??

Thanks.

Sanj

Kompressor = Supercharger

S.

(**EDIT** I WANT one !!!!!)

Originally posted by Sanj
...does this mean they are underpowered in some way?
No.

According to Parkers:

A normal c230 has 150bhp, top speed of 130mph, 0-60 in 10.4 and gets an average mpg of 31.9

A c230 kompressor has 193bhp, top speed of 143mph, 0-60 in 8.3 seconds and gets an average mpg of 34

So with the addition of the kompressor unit (and some engine re-inforcement!) you get 43bhp more, knock 2 seconds off the 0-60, add 13mph onto the top speed and get 3 MORE miles to the gallon!

Plus the kompressor makes a nice whining noise :)

The c230k is the fastest, most powerful and most fuel efficient of all the petrol w202s, except for the AMG tuned models.

Did they make a C230 K estate ?

S.

Originally posted by sym
Did they make a C230 K estate ?
Yes, try looking on Autotrader :) . They also made a w202 c200k ONLY in estate form!

so they did ..... !!!

(do you reckon my wife will notice if I find one the same colour and don't tell her ;) :))

Originally posted by sym
so they did ..... !!!

(do you reckon my wife will notice if I find one the same colour and don't tell her ;) :))
Of course! Just swap the mods over and she'll be none the wiser :)

Re: Re: kompressor

Originally posted by Shude
No.

According to Parkers:

A normal c230 has 150bhp, top speed of 130mph, 0-60 in 10.4 and gets an average mpg of 31.9

A c230 kompressor has 193bhp, top speed of 143mph, 0-60 in 8.3 seconds and gets an average mpg of 34

So with the addition of the kompressor unit (and some engine re-inforcement!) you get 43bhp more, knock 2 seconds off the 0-60, add 13mph onto the top speed and get 3 MORE miles to the gallon!

Plus the kompressor makes a nice whining noise :)

The c230k is the fastest, most powerful and most fuel efficient of all the petrol w202s, except for the AMG tuned models.

Maybe not so good on the fuel...:( :( but OHHHHH so powerfull.He He :D :D (AMG that is)

My car was making tough work for an Slk230 to pass me on a hill today with my car loaded :)

hehehe:D

Ohh , and the guy was trying as i was managing to block him from the exit he wanted to take :p :bannana: :bannana:

MW_C32

Not if you have the new M271 Engine, C230 Kompressor ,you have better fuel economy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom