Kop Hill Climb - 26th / 27th Sept

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

st13phil

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
His - Denim Blue A220 AMG Line Premium / Hers - Obsidian Black R172 SLK55
Quite by chance I spotted promotional posters for this while driving through Princes Risborough yesterday. Full details can be found here, but it looks like it could be an interesting day out. Incidentally, it was a minor accident at this event in 1925 that resulted in all motorsport on public roads being banned in England so it has some pretty major historic motorsport significance too, even if for the "wrong" reason.

Quite by chance it coincides with my father coming to visit to celebrate his 80th birthday, and as a fully paid up petrol-head I thought it would make a pleasant few hours of entertainment for him.

Anyone fancy meeting up?

The hill is being re-opened (or re-closed, if you get my drift) ten years after the last re-run. I am looking forward to it greatly

A few snaps from 1999:

kop99.1526.jpg

kop99.1543.jpg

kop99.1539.jpg

Stafford East in Kim II (now sold) which some of you will have seen in the Cartier Style et Luxe at the Goodwood Festival of Speed a couple of years ago. One of my favourite cars
kop99.1537.jpg

Photo gallery
Bolide Photo Gallery Thumbnails - Kop Hill Hillclimb 1999

The hill is being opened by Paddy Hopkirk and there will be a good variety of historic cars in a great setting

Nick Froome

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom