Kwik fit disaster

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
if it’s a diesel the oil will be black practically immediately- my indie was having a bad day once and forgot to tighten my oil filter up and the oil all over his new garage floor was black having just been changed 5 mins ago! (I watched the new oil get poured in so I know it was definitely new!)

Fresh engine oil that has quickly gone black post oil change due to internal engine soot deposits will still be fresh oil so different to used engine oil. Most diy'ers who have done an engine oil change themselves will be able to recognise the difference.

Yep. First diesel I ever changed the oil on was my G-Wagen.
By the time I had started it up to let the oil circulate and then dipped it, it was black as the ace of spades, causing me some consternation.
completely different to the M111 in my W210 which was still translucent when the oil change was needed.

I missed how the OP knew his oil and filter had not been changed, can he tell just by looking at the dipstick or has he done by other means?
How has the filter been checked ?

Still no pics and no sign of the OP ??????

The soot that turns diesel oil black is a suspension of very fine particles so small that they pass straight through the oil filter. It's not that engine operation quickly produces more soot to turn the oil black, it's just the residual amount of old oil left in the engine after an oil change is a very efficient dye which once circulated, quickly dyes the new oil black. The OP suggested in another thread that he did his own interim oil changes so he should have been able to spot the difference between old oil and new even if the new was already superficially black.

The thing is, you're addressing the wrong audience. You would be on any car forum, as the vast majoroty of people interested enough to become members of car forums already know perfectly well what Kwik-Fit are like.
so your saying that everyone who reads this communication is pretty much an expert and there’s no tolerance for people who don’t understand certain issues?

Did the OP actually say that the reason he suspects the oil wasn't changed is that it was black when he got home? Or possibly he had other means to verify that the oil wasn't changed?

If the former, then I agree that having black oil after a service is no indication that the oil isn't actually new.

The oil was old because not only did it look old and black but if you rubbed it between your finger and thumb it felt like it absorbed into the skin and felt like a skin on skin but fresh oil regardless of colour but in new condition lubricates this same scenario immeasurable more and the slippery sensation can only be removed by solvent so no this was not an oil change but maybe a top up which I believe to have happened

Still no pics and no sign of the OP ??????
The piece of bodywork was a broken guard that was covering the headlamp wash system and has been glued into place because I don’t see this function to be that important since I wash my car once a week and clean this area well and can’t afford to have it fixed because other issues are more important.

The oil was old because not only did it look old and black but if you rubbed it between your finger and thumb it felt like it absorbed into the skin and felt like a skin on skin but fresh oil regardless of colour but in new condition lubricates this same scenario immeasurable more and the slippery sensation can only be removed by solvent so no this was not an oil change but maybe a top up which I believe to have happened
So your not really sure then ?

The thing is, you're addressing the wrong audience. You would be on any car forum, as the vast majoroty of people interested enough to become members of car forums already know perfectly well what Kwik-Fit are like.
So I can’t post a bad experience from a garage that has already been complained about before, is that what you are posting? and if I got a bad service from a garage and then was slated for being foolish enough to trust people to do their job then this is my fault? really all I needed was an oil and filter change so this should be easy compared to other issues that they have to deal with and I supplied the oil.

I feel like you are the same as the “technicians” that laughed and heckled that they always had idiots like me in their forecourt. Why?

If I were you I'd probably put it down to experience and move-on. And obviously never set foot in that garage again.

The difficulty is that you have no real proof, so it will end-up your word against theirs.

They will insist that they changed the oil, and that your 'finger touch' test isn't valid.

The headlamp washer cover was by your own admission 'glued in place' and they will maintain that it was a poor firt and just fell-off on its own accord (or possibly as the car twisted when raised etc).

As for the 'test drive' (which they deny as well), again it's only your word that the fuel level was higher when you left the car with them than when you got it back.

I'm sure they have CCTV on premises, that can reveal exactly what happened in respect of all three issues, but I expect they'll tell you they can't share the footage with you due to 'privacy laws'.

The car will fail the next MOT on defective headlamp wash system.............. The finger test on the oil could be confirmed by the next alien landing from the planet Zoggggins.

really all I needed was an oil and filter change so this should be easy compared to other issues that they have to deal with and I supplied the oil.

Without being disrespectful, did you have your oil returned ?
How do you know the filter has not been changed ?
The modern method of changing oil is to suck it out with a pump via the dipstick, this never removes all the oil, a lot remains in the oil cooler, this is why it turns black almost instantly.

Hi , it's strange but my car does not have a washer head light cleaning system !
Obviously poverty spec..👹👹👹

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom